Pregnancy 18-24 Community
gestational diabetes and anemia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

gestational diabetes and anemia

I am at 31 weeks and I was just told that I have gestational diabetes and I'm anemic. A few questions. Is it too late to change things? I feel like I will be fighting an uphill battle, I'll still fight it, I just want to know if I have a chance of having a healthy baby. I worry about him. I'm just nervous, I really don't want to mess this up. Any advice concerning gestational diabetes and how to get my blood sugar under control soon will be super helpful. Thanks
See a dietician. Get a meter. Dont eat cereals and watch the milk intake. (im diebetic (diabetic) and aniemic also) it *****. But it is possible to have a healthy baby. What have you been advised to do so far? My diabetes was not well managed with just a diet so i am on a med to help. Keep your head up
I haven't seen a dietitian yet. My doctor is working it out with my insurance but I'm so far into my pregnancy that I figured I better start now. My levels are super high and I feel I don't have much time to get things right. I am picking up my meter today and going shopping for certain foods. That's as far as I have gotten so far.
Naw its not too late in.... The more prepared you are now the less likely of having a 13 lb baby. Some hospitals give away meters.... Stress shoots my sugars off the charts. Watch the grain intake including whole grains they will mess you up. Dairy too but not cheeses ( what ive been told and experience) keep me posted on how your doing. Oh and a dietician will tell you to look at food lables especially carbs. The total carbs takes the starch sugar andall the blood sugar spiking things and lumps it into that one number. Higher the carb higher the blood sugars go.
Hey I was wondering how you were doing!  Its totally possible to have a healthy baby!  Your little one just might be a not as little but that's ok. I also was anemic in pregnancy and took Slow FE iron supplement daily i got the Target brand it didn't cause constipation or anything and it worked like a charm :)
Thanks. So far my numbers aren't bad. It's just a lot of work trying to time everything. Meds that counter each other, and when to take the test. I think I may have to give my doctor a call today, I still haven't heard from a nutritionist or dietitian yet.
We've scheduled my c-section for april 8th at 7:30 in the morning. After the baby is born tho, I am having me some cheesecake. =)
I was told at 31wks that I had gestational diabetes. I was diet controlled and my son is totally fine and normal. I was able to keep mine down in a good range just by eating good small meals throughout the day. They made me deliver early but only by a week because I would NOT allow any sooner and my boy was only 7lbs 4 oz. Take care and do what the dietician says and you will be just fine. Dont stress yourself out, it is all about how you handle it.