Pregnancy 18-24 Community
has anyone used lovenox during pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

I was diagnosed with antiphospholipid about five years ago. I've had 4 miscarriages and two live births. With my two full term pregnancies I used heparin because my insurance wouldn't pay for it and it was very expensive. So now I have medicaid and the doc has perscribed me lovenox. I was just wondering if anyone else has had to use this and if there are any side effects or if anyone knows if it's better than heparin or anything like that
A great place to look up prescription info is rxlist the website is easy to use and has all the info you need :). Sorry I don't know anything about that med
I've used lovenox with my last pregnancy and with this pregnancy due to a blood clotting disorder. Lovenox is perfectly safe. does not cross the placenta but thins the blood just enough and very evenly to prevent blood clots. there are no side effects except maybe I bruised slightly easier. The ONLY thing is that your doctor should switch you back to heparin about two weeks before you're due becasue heparin has a short half life(gets out of your system within 12 hours) and lovenox stays in at least 24 hours..and you can't get an epidural or spinal with it in your system at all...and for the record, my last baby (on the lovenox) was SO MUCH more healthier than my previous two babies..which were born small and early
I have been on lovenox since I was 20 weeks along because the weeks prior they didn't know what was wrong with me if I would have walked for two more days my son and i would have died. I have had one live birth and 6 miss carriages due to blood clots and never knew why until now. I had my daughter on Jan 27,2011 at 30 weeks due to placental abruption and miscarried every baby after her at about 8 weeks now I am 26 weeks pregnant with my son and they tell me I must have another emergency csection which ***** because I won't get to see any of my children be born or have a video of them. With my daughter they ran down hallway with me at the university of Florida shands hospital cut me open and then put me in O.R. and to sleep no time for epidural/spinal block I'm scared its gonna happen this time as well. At first they told me a vbac was 100% fine and wouldn't hurt the baby or me but now another csection is mentioned because I'm on lovenox is there anything I can do to have natural vaginal birth instead of csection and risk bleeding out and needing a blood transfusion?