Pregnancy 18-24 Community
highrisk pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

highrisk pregnancy

I'm a single mother with a 5 year old daughter already, I have a type of arthritis affecting 6 of my disks causing curvature of the spine, a slipped disk chronic bursitis in my left hip and left leg is 2 cm shorter than my right, which then speeds up the curvature of the spine process, because of the significant balance issue my spine has no other choice but to curve. I am currently being managed by the high risk pregnancy unit and instead of midwives looking after my antenatal care I have specialists and doctors instead. I was told this may be my last baby for there is a chance my injuries and dissabilities may become worse and that I may have to deliver early because of the extra strain on my back.

Is there any support for me?  I also have bipolar and PSTD and have only recently left a 3 yr dv relationship. Is there anyone going through a similar situation that I may be able to talk to?  What is a doctors point of view?
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers