Pregnancy 18-24 Community
home birth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

home birth

im four weeks pregnant and ive always wanted a home birth my mother had both me and my sister without any painkillers. so if anyone has any advice on planning a home birth please share it will be helpful and is it really risky to have my baby at home
I say yr crazy. Im sorry but wat if something happens to you or yr baby. I had my son in a hospital, the umbilical cord was around his throat, hed pooed in my tummy, thats dangerous if they take it in, plus we needed suction cap to get him out. I dont know much about home births but I know my second will be born in a hospital incase there is any complications. Good luck anyhow with yr descision.
I know several women who have had babies at home, and the midwifes they have used bring at least one helper. I would suggest looking early and interviewing your midwife carefully to make sure you feel comfortable with her to promote a great birth experience. Most have brought a birthing tub with them, but one has opted to get her own. Most have opted to have at least one other friend or support person present in addition to the midwife and her helper. All of my friends but one (had to be transferred to hospital) have had very positive experiences and I have been able to come visit the next day in their home, bring groceries, etc. I'm sure there will be someone else who will reply who has first hand experience but good luck with your decision and finding a midwife you like!
Its not really as bad as she made it sound. I have not had one. But I know someone that did she had it in a tub at home and there are mid wifes that will come to your home when you go in labor and help you through the whole thing just in the comfort of your home! When you go to the doctor ask them about doing that they'll give you ask the information and you can decide from there! Its not something that had to be decided right away!
I'm planning a home birth too. This is my second child and I have a midwife who specializes in home birth. You must be low risk to have one. So first, find yourself a midwife. I am well aware of the risks and have made an informed decision. There is less risk of infection in my home and I will be much more relaxed there.
I had a really bad bleed with my first...had i not been in a hosp i more than likely would have bled to death...it was really scarey. There is no way i personally would attempt a home birth. That being said...i went completely natural w/out any pain meds and no epidural and plan on doing the same this time (in a hosp) :)
I'm hoping to have one too! I wont find out if I'm allowed until right at the end when they check that baby is in the best position. This will be my third baby but first at home, my last labour was over and done with in 4hrs which is partly what has influenced my decision, I dont want to give birth in a layby!! Giving birth at home is perfectly safe, your midwife will not let you attempt it if she is unhappy with any aspect and would transfer you to hospital at any point if need be. If you're UK based I can let you know what I have found out (even if you're not I can, it may just not be relative!)
I'd say ...if u want a home birth and your low risk
And ur mw is happy with it .then why not.. it is your
Labour /birth..
I had both my boys in hospital...1st one I lost a lot
If blood... but we we're both OK. 2nd one I stay home as long ad possible... luckily we lived 5 mins
From hospital he was born 20 after getting there..and was discharged 2 hours later.. this time I was
Looking into home birth but found I have a strep
B infection and need to have iv antibiotics in labour
So decision has been made for us...I have to deliver in hospital.
I hope u get the labour u want and good luck.
That was 20minutes after getting there.
I agree if that's birth you want then go for it. Keep in my in a hospital that has a birthing tub you can have a similar.experience with minor assistance from a midwife. Go for it. Cherish each moment of your pregnancy. Be sure to always plan for the unexpected. Good luck and have a healthy 9months
I always wanted a home birth or a birth at one of the birthing centers near us. My first two pregnancies were high risk (twins and placenta previa) and this one it's two (lovenox for blood clots). I have many friends who had home births, center births, and non-medicated births. They were happy and in much better shape after than I ever was. Be informed and this is YOUR pregnancy, do what makes you feel happy and comfortable.