Pregnancy 18-24 Community
how do u test positive for meth in never tried it a day in your life

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

hello there I was writing because I am 9 months pregnant I went to the doc last week in they told me I been using meth which I never have in a day in my life..i did use to smoke marijuiana but I stop in june cause the doc told me if I test positive when I have my baby cps will be there so I quit I know for sure that its out my system but im so confused about how I got meth in my system so can some one please in tell me how long it will be in my system butb im thinking it was on something I touch may had it on there in went in my system that way I don't know im just so confused in scared cuz I know I never smokjed it a day in my life in I don't want them to take my baby so please help me out...
It actually can get in your system by touching it. It goes in thru your pores just like if you touch coke or shrooms you'll get a little buzz. if you havent been in her type of situation dont judge her and quit talking down on her shes asking for help. i know from experience cus i used to be around all that stuff, girl u need to stop touching it and idk if ur helping them sell it but if u are at least use gloves or something. If u keep testing dirty THEY WILL TAKE YOUR BABY AWAY. It should leave your system in about 3 days as long as you quit messing with it
Are they 100% positive they didn't mix your urine up with someone elses? The lab did that to me a couple weeks ago.
Tell them you want a blood test because ypu have never touched it. But if you live in an apartment building and a neighbor is cooking it then it could get in your system that way.
In order to test positive for that, it has to enter the blood stream. So its highly unlikely that you can get a false positive. The lab may have made a mistake and mixed you and someone else up. I would ask for another test.
yea that's what im saying cuz I have never in my life did meth now marajuania yes so im just so lost in all I do is cry cuz im scared there gonna take my baby for a drug I aint never did
so theres away I can get a blood test in it will be negative in they cant do anything
I don't know there can be a chance but im not sure but when I go back to my appointment on Tuesday ima ask her if it still in my urine if she say yes ima tell her to do a blood test cuz I know for sure meth have never been a drug I have done..
When you were smoking did you smoke with anyone who you know does meth? When I was in high school I always heard kids talk about lacing a joint with meth, this was like 8 yrs ago but I'm sure ppl still do that, idk how long meth would stay in your system, anyway good luck, I hope you get everything resolved
That's a big mess up... and someone prolly got your clean pee... what state was this??
no i don't smoke with meth heads everyobe i smoke with is fam but that's been 3 months since i smoked mijaruiana my system was clean on my appointment in thenb i went to the emergency room in they told me i had meth in my system
im so confuse with it all cuz theres a chance they'll take my baby in i don't even do meth but its in littlefield tx
If you can prove you haven't via the blood test they won't.
but how long does meth stay in your system
My partner said sometimes adderall (adderrall) or other perscription medications can make you test positive for amphetamines, also he said that his brother bought marijuana from someone who laced it with meth & they smoked it unknowingly five years ago.
Seems to me with you being so concerned and asking how long it stays in your system that you did do it and just don't want to admit it. Which is yor choice, however you could have smoked pot that was laced with it, why your smoking pot during pregnancy in the first place is beyond me. But, if your 100% sure tou have never done meth than go where you had the test and see if they mixed samples up. Also, get blood work or a hair strand test done
I have never in my life did it but ppl that I stay with sales it in only thing I can think is that I touch something with it on it but I do not do it in  I stop smoking it so obviously I do care about my baby
You can't just touch it and bam have enough in your system to show positive first off, second your living with people who deal meth & you think CPS won't get involved somehow?
You said you don't some weed with meth heads but yet you live with them?
yes just for now im goin thru some problkems but ill be gone from here soon as I have my baby but if I just touch it how long does it stay in system
your not out here with me you don't know my situation im in but I only been here for like3 weeks im working on getting my own pace which should be ready before I have my baby in im a grown *** woman I don't got to lie about **** I don't do meth never a day in my life that's why im sitting here confused as hell
You don't get it in you system by touching it but did you ever think that the people you are living with might have slipped you some some how? people on meth do crazy things ! My best advice for you is get out of there asap BC NOTHING good will come of you living there !
It doesn't get in your system if you touch it. But if they smoke it or cook it in the home then you can breath it in that way.  Go to police department and tell them you have been staying there because you have no where to go but that they are doing/selling meth. They will arrest them and give you enough time to get your stuff out. Talk to a church or housing authority about emergency housing. If you stay there while they are smoking/cooking you will continue to test positive.
I idnt come on he to get talked down I got on here for help but real **** I don't do no drugs
well I was told by many you can get it in your system by touching it but I don't know but since there saying it s in my system do you know how long it stay in system im asking cus I don't want them to take my baby if I aint never did it before
well for one im not gonna snitch on anyone cuz for one she gave me a place when no one wanted to take me in but I am gonna leave this place asap but on the real I aint never smoked snorted meth in my life but like a day or two before I went to the doc I found a razor on the floor in picked up but I was told you can get it in your system just by touching it
How old r u?
(Just a question)
im young you can tell b y my responds huh but I just turned 23
Okay I'm 22, so you ain't young. Mentally maybe. And it's not snitchen if it keep your *** from losing your baby but whatever.
And no i dont know how long it takes. I have never done it. My ex  did, he is in jail.
You're being really defensive to many who are just trying to help but if you were in the home while they were cooking it that's possibly how you are testing positive. Putting yourself in the home is incredibly dangerous if CPS comes they will want to know why and you either have to tell them or very possibly have the baby taken. I'm sorry you say that's the only place you had to go, but maybe call the churches or something get some help and get out soon
Well u keep asking the same question. How long does it stay In ur system and I dont think that should be ur main concern.

For one look it up urself on how long it stays in ur system.

Also maybe they are cooking it in ur apartment that's how it got in ur system and if that's the case all ur belonging and if u have any baby stuff there it is all tainted.

And u are worried about it being in ur system what about ur baby's system. What if ur baby is already addicted to it and is going to have with draws from it when its born.

And another thing no matter how bad u think u have it someone else out there as it a lot worse. U should be doing everything in this world to be getting out of that house.

And for u baby's sake I sure as hell hope it was a mix up at the lab
like I said im young in never had a role model in my life but like I said I had 2 kids already in never did a drug with them so why would I hurt this baby im going thru some things my bd in jail I don't have no fam out here there all miles away I wake up cryin in wishin I was dead everyday what keeps me goin is my kids so like I said I aint got to lie about doin any drugs all I do is pray everynight for a better lkife for me in my kids that's all I want got on here for help cuz I want my kids to be with me not in somebody elses care you guys don't understand me just talking down  on me theres nobody in this world perfect
u now what you don't know what your talking about they don't cooked the **** in the house ok but like you guys are sayin it could of been a mix up in im so concerned cus if it is in there how long will it be for its gone cuz I love my kids I wouldn't want anything to happing to them in I tryd churches in everything to get out this place you think I wanna be here hell no I just wanna live life with my kids in be happy
THANK YOU VERY MUCH LEAST SOMEONE UNDERSTAND BUT YOU SAID IN LIKE 3 DAYS EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE BUT FORREALS I AINT NEVER DID THT DRUG A DAY IN MY LIFE..
You should be fine in a few days as long as they dont do a hair strand test, that goes wayy back like a couple years. stick to the urine test and u should be straight
OK THANK YOU SO MUCH YOUR A GOOD PERSON THEY WERE ALL ON MY BACK LIKE IM CRAZY I KNEW IT CAN GET IN YOUR SYSTEM FOR TOUCHING IT BUT I REALLY DO HOPE IT BE OUT BEFORE SHE COMES CAUSE IM DUE ANY DAY NOW
Ppl always gona have something to say they act like they perfect. as long as your trying to better yourself for ur kids it shouldn't matter what other ppl say. i will tell u this tho, they will probably test babys poop once he or she is born ans that goes back a few months. So even if ur test is clean the babies test probably wont be since u said u smoked weed a few months ago
Women being rude to the poster seriously need to check themselves. We all make mistakes and I'm sure she's doing what she can. You don't need to lecture.
can they still take your baby still..
and thank u im glad u understand my situation too
Yea they can my aunt had a baby that was born drunk and they took the newborn and all of her other kids I think it also depends on the situation too
Its a possibility
I hope u get the help you need and ill pray you get your kids back. Try a women's shelter its perfect for u and ur baby. I hope ur test comes out clean and it was a mix up.
I'm Sorry that you are going through this...it is any mother's nightmare worrying that they could lose their baby. But you need to be up front and honest with you Dr. Tell them that you are living with those people,  if you can't say names then don't but the more you can be honest about everything the better it will be. I will pray for you and your kids tonight and hope everything turns up for you. Be strong you will get on the right track.
If they suspect any drugs being used yes they will test and yes they can take your baby, If you don't want any chance of that you would remove yourself from that situation(living in the house) you can't get enough in your system just by touching it you have to actually be breathing it in or it can absorb to your skin like if you rubbed it on yourself.. Idk what to tell you I'm 19, and there's no doubt in my mind no one comes before my child, if you have to "snitch" to keep your child you would do it if you loved your child.. I don't believe in using drugs or any substance while pregnant but if you really didn't do it you could've tested positive because of certain pills(some prescription pills can cause a false positive) or breathing it in if others smoke in the house.. I hope the best for you xx but remember its better to snitch then get caught and your child being taken
thank u so much in I appreciate the prayer I just hope my kids don't get tookin cuz there the world to me ill go crazy especially knowin that I don't do the drugs in I lost them over it
This post escalated quickly... but I hope that everything is alright please be safe.
Have you eaten anything with poppy seeds? Like poppy seed muffins or bread?  That can make someone test positive.
Lol it did escalate quick.. But since she doesn't even know how long meth stays in your system, I doubt she's using it.. But good luck you could always talk to your doctor about it and tell them you're in the process of moving out.. Hopefully they'll understand
So you have your 2 other kids living there with you? You know if your somehow testing positive and haven't done it, then it is most likely in their system too. And there's just razor blades laying in the floor? I'm sorry but that's not a place kids should be you should find a local shelter and go there now because if you test positive again because they are smoking it in the house and cps comes to check it out because your other kids well you know it wouldn't be good I'm sure that's why your worried. So just leave don't stay there its not worth it.
Poppy seeds make you test positive for opium.. different drug. As someone that smoked meth in the past (I've been clean for 10 years...yay me) I know that most  places that sell it people are deff going to be smoking it. That's probably how it happened. You will probably keep testing positive as long as your there. Like one of the other posters said it absorbs into everything. It doesn't matter if your in another room or leave while they do it. And yes they would most likely take your kids...Sorry that your stuck in a bad situation I hope you get out of there soon. God Bless
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers