Pregnancy 18-24 Community
how long after?? the nesting instinct??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

how long after?? the nesting instinct??

Ok so i know what the nesting instinct is but i was just wondering how long after you get it so you usually go into labour!! ?? Stories about other experiences would be nice girls!! :) :) thanx in advance!!
I hope for my sake that it doesn't mean an imminent labor lol I am only 17 weeks and this last week I swear my nesting instinct became very strong...I gave up a day at the mall shopping and doing lunch to clean and prepare the baby's room today and I cleaned the house all day!   So uncharacteristic of me!!!  I am usually a shopping queen if I have  day off of work (besides the weekends...I'm not a shopaholic!)
lol...ohh ic well for your sake lets hope not!! lol...but im really thinking its happening soon for me tho!! Fingers crossed!! Anybody else!??
I don't know if I have had the nesting instict yet or not! LOL! I am 36 weeks 3 days and I have random bursts of energy where I will put stuff away in baby's room, wash his clothes/towels/sheets, pack for hospital etc.  I am actually doing my little one's laundry right now - but I haven't actually cleaned good yet - haven't felt that urge yet - hopefully I will soon - my house needs it LOL.
LOL.....i am wondering anybody with the nesting insticnt in previous pregnancys....how long after..but im think the same!! lol
Ahaha with my daughter, it was about a week later....  With my son I didn't get the nesting because I was on bedrest, and in and out of hospitals!  

But with my daughter, my husband kept telling me I was, and I would snap and him and say I wasn't, and then when everything was rearrange, cleaned top to bottom and all, lol  I realized I was nesting...  I did it everyday, and had her 6 days later!

So you have to keep the bugger in till the 15th though remember?!  LOL  4 more days!  Ahaha...  I'm sure it'll happen soon
for 3 days i spit shined my house and was having DH move furniture around and bam unknowingly i went into labor on the 4th day at 37 weeks 6 days had DS the following day!
mine kicked into full gear after the morning sickness subsided at about 24 weeks and didn't stop even after I've had my son 2 1/2 months ago. LOL. However, I couldn't dilate past 3 to save my life from 35 weeks to 38.5 weeks. I was outside leveling dirt, planting grass, climbed up a treehouse to get my daughter down from it (she was too scared to climb back down cuz it's high up). I pressure-washed our whole building (CG housing, and each building has 4 units), sidewalk, cleaned my massive truck inside and out. Every nuk n cranny of my home, steam cleaned my carpets, even pulled apart my vacuum and steam cleaner and washed and sanitized those too along with the baby's room and everything was cleaned, reorganized, etc. I felt like the only way the baby would finally come out was if I had EVERYTHING spotless... and I still haven't got over it. LOL. I still have to clean everything. Not a germaphobe by any means, but I feel like if my house is disorganized then I can't think or focus cuz I'm scatterbrained as it is and I don't need any other factors. LOL.
OK for both of my pregnancys that really full on nesting instinct haapened about 3 days before the labour started! and im not talking just a burst of energy im talking serious cleaning!! i was on hands and knees with an old tooth brush scrubbing the outside of the S bend at the back of the toilet!!! LOL i cleaned the car in and out ( althou i had been doing this every week for about the last 3 months! I really went crazy tho i was cleaning places you normally wouldnt even think to clean!!!
3 days later i lost mucus plug and went into labour that day!!
You still have 27 days to go tho!!!!!!!!!thats almost a month! dont panick you will really know when its time, just enjoy the last few weeks and get rest as much as you can!
good luck! xx
im just getting really anxious thats all!! I asked because even tho i think im going early i would like him/her to stay in there for as long as he/she wants!! Id personally like to go another week or so...but other then that im sooooooo excited!! I wonder if my nesting last night means im going on the 15th like i said!! lol ??
AHAHA  Rosa, well see!  I bet your baby will be stubborn and not come out on the 15th!  Ahaha, probably give you some horrible contractions and decide to stay in.  

So on the 16th i'm expecting to see a post saying..."Well, i'm still pregnant"
=)
lol....you prob will see that!! ANd the post before that willl say im contracting but dont know if its real labour or nott!! lol..if he/she wants to stay in there until im due or a lil before im ok with that to ( i think) lol...i dont know what to think now!! Is babys lungs develpoed now??
lol.....by 36 weeks the babies lungs are fully developed lol!

Alright so on the 15th i'm waiting for this thread..."URGENT!!  I think i'm in labor but not sure!"  lol and the next day  "STILL PREGNANT AND NO CONTRACTIONS!"

not trying to jinx you but that always seems to happen to everyone....CRAZY!  

But you know I hope it happens soon for you, and everyone because I hate seeing people misreable in the last few weeks!  =)
thanx...im not going to wish him/her out until he/she is ready...i was wondering tho if i can convince df to have sex..lol...will that put me in labour! Or only if he/she is ready to come out??
LOL  It could, if the baby is ready to come out then it very well could start it!  I'd just tell DF that it's going to be a lot harder to do once the baby is born, so he better get all he can get now!!!  =)  And what is wrong with him?  LOL  Most guys are all over jumping the bones of their pregnant lady!  WTF!!  Ahaha, sending an air smack in the face to him!  WAKE UP DUDE!!!  
lol thats what i tell him...he really thinks that the baby is going to know were doing it!! lol...and that hes going to hurt the baby!! I dont know what else to do!! i ask and ask and ask and he just doesnt want to..im thinking he prob thinks im too fat or something...he donf find me attractive or something,,i dunno!! lol...im sure hell give in sooner or later...maby ill convince him tonight!! Got any ideas on how to get him in the mood?? Being naked in front of him dont work!! hahaha I wanna so i can see if this baby wants to come out of not!!
hahaha you know just start pleasing him lol and then jump on him and force it on him!  Ahaha, Basically kind of rape him!  Ahaha

My husband says it's a bigger turn on when I go against his will, even though he is always willing lmao....
BAHAHAH thats too cute...thats what my plan is..but i cant really pounce anymore..lol..and if i tried im pretty sure his response would be babe watch out for the baby!! lol...soo well see..ill keep you updated tho!! Im having some cramping for the past lil bit..ill keep you updated about that as well..but i have to go make supper for the df now so...later on tonight ill be back on!! Oh good signs too....cramping....loose stools...Question tho?? When you first went into labour did you get striking pains like somebody was knifing you in your abdomen?? Its the pinching like i had when i implanted!!
when I went into labor, my water had broke and the contractions felt like pretty much someone stabbing me, but mine were more on the sides into my back....if that makes sense.  but you know maybe just talking about jumping your man is making baby eager to come out?  hehe keep me posted lady!  
So lady!  Ahaha did it work?  Any news?  
nooo he doesnt want me to even please him either!! He says he wants to but its just that the baby..he says its in your belly..lol...im like your not going to hurt the baby!! I also told him he wasent getting any after the baby either,...!!!! lol...i think im going to give up and get him drunk...(he can never restist) lol...j.k no but i think im going to give up...more twinges last night tho!! I find that if i straighten out my legs when i lie down i get thoes sharpe pains in my pelvic area!! Soon maby??
bumping this for ashiepooh!! lol
lol...yes soon maybe!  Hahaha hey you know what, there is a full moon last night, and I see it now!!!  Baby ready yet?  LMAO
Gosh, he needs to be smacked!  My husband is more than willing to "help" get the baby out!  Ahahaha!  Besides, what does he think...the baby will see his penis?  LOL  What a weirdo!  LMAO  I could see it now, you get him drunk and then you go into labor....omg...that would be bad, oh well.  
I only had nesting with my first daughter and quite frankly, I was already in labor, but didn't know it.  It was the day before my due date and I had been out with DH during the day running errands and kept having pains every 20 minutes or so.  Later in the evening, I decided to go shopping, because I was bored.  While I was there, I ran into someone I knew and they had asked when I was going to have the baby.  I distinctly remember saying that based on how I felt that day, it must be coming tonight.  Since you have so many aches and pains at the end, I didn't know what was "real" and what wasn't.

I came home with bags of sheets, towels and other unneeded items - - stuff I would never buy "just because".  I walked in the door, threw the bag on the floor in the corner and tried going to bed.  Never did fall asleep due to the pains, so I got up and stayed up all night, having pains about 7-8 minutes apart.  Around 5:00 am, I finally woke up DH and told him to take me to the hospital, and sure enough, I was 5 cm.... :)

So for me, I nested while I was in the early stages of labor...
oh god..lol....that seems like something that would happen to me!! lol...get him drunk..go into labour....have a drunkin df by my side with me in all that pain and him feeling absoulutly none!! lmao!! There was a full moon last night! ? Where i live it says its not coming until tomorrow night..the 14th! hmm..
sorry correction full moon is tonight! lol
i think it's usually 3 or so nights in a row!  But yeah it's freaking huge outside!  Hey atleast if he is drunk and your in labor, you could brake his hand from your pain and he wouldn't be complaining, until later LMAO!!

wow what time is it there?? lol...a moon....we still have sun over here!! Im thinking its prob not going to happen tonight! I would love for it to..but i dont think it will....my guess is the next full moon...four days after my orig dd!! Well see..im going to tell df that theres a full moon tonight and that iif we have sex then it may bring baby! YOu know..ill tell you what would be funny tho..if he finally gave in and my water broke while we were ( yah) lol....haha i would die!! lol
lol the moon is out all day during the winter lol  AHAHAHA  and it's only 1 pm here at the moment

Oh my god, that would be hilarious!!  AHA  definately keep me posted about what happened LOL
oh well its 600 pm here so..lol...were getting close to night time!! Some pains..but baby is moving alot! So i dont know if that has to do with anything!! I talked to him about the full moon thing..lol...i think he might fall for it!! lol..i even offered for him to get drunk...lol..i think hes on to me!! haha ill keep you posted! Were running to town now so i wont be able to write for a few! But ill def keep you posted so watch out for my post k!
lol  Alright!  You can even pm me if you'd like!  Ahaha Good Luck, tell him to get some good booze lol!!!!!
well..ill tell you how it went...lol...we went out for drinks!! lol..well he did i had pepsi! lol...anywho he had a few and said that when we gets home he wanted to you know...lol..so i was all excited and everything we go get pizza ( again for him cuz i wasent hungry) come home and go to bed..where i think everything will happen..nope he ate and was too full!! ERRHHH i was soo mad...soo mad! So besides all that and me waiting for my water to break all night..which it didnt....stupid full moon stories!! hhaha..but besides all that i had a great night out with df and today im having alot of cramping....very bad menstural cramping..going to go on about my day and see if it gets worst! Ill keep you updated tho!!
BUT im still pregnant!! lol
Awww - hopefully not for much longer - I am right there with ya! 36 Weeks 6 days and counting - no contractions today - but A LOT more pressure.  I went to the bathroom 6 times in 2 hours! LOL>
lol.....

Rosa you crack me up!  You should have raped him!  Said this will make you not feel full!!!!  LMAO

Anywho-  Well, lot's of cramping is a good sign.  Go on a long long long walk, maybe that'll help...  I am having to run to the hospital.  My son got worse over night, and my hubby for some reason rather stay home, since I may end up hospitalized from this anyways, he wants me to go, what a butt head!  So if anything happens......Send me a message!!!   AHAHA...
ok hun..keep me posted to k!
I am 31 weeks and it's funny.. I cleaned more and was WAY more obsessive about cleanliness BOFORE I was pregnant. I have had so many complications and I am always tired.. Maybe it just hasnt "hit " me yet..
So how long after the 14th did you have your baby?...Was just reading the posts and realized I'd gotten to the last and you were so close!!...
I had a monumental event that was not nesting... I had been having a lot of discomfort for a long time and could barely walk to the kitchen without contactions... I had this incredible urge to walk. so I walked the distance around an entire golf course. that night my water broke.
Okay um lost im 25wks . WAT IS THE NESTING INSTINCT lol