Pregnancy 18-24 Community
how long did it take for your incision to stop hurting feeling after c-...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

how long did it take for your incision to stop hurting feeling after c-section?

how long did it take for your incision to finally stop hurting or feeling uncomfortable all at once?? I had my son 11 days ago and its just like an uncomfortable pain feeling and my medicine seems to not be working anymore as if my body just got used to it what do i do is this normal my husband says it looks normal and not infected or anything i have the butterfly tape stuff over it now the staples are out but could it be infected still and i just dont know or would it really hurt if it were infected??im just scared and i really dont want my stomach to open up again...picking up my son to feed him is ok to do right? thats all im doing..
It will take a couple weeks to "feel" better, but it will take longer to heal. Alot of the problem is when it feels better we over do it not realizing that our muscles are not healed yet. Try to take it as easy as possible, I know it stinks! I made the mistake with my second after I "felt" better to try to be super mom, well I ruptured my incision and let me tell you packing a hole is not fun. I am PG with my third and I have definately learned from that mistake. Good Luck Dear!
It took about 2 weeks for my incision to completely stop hurting. Just give it time.
I lost my left tube due to pregnancy.  I was cut from hip to hip.  I got a bad infection an had 107. temp for a week.  I had physical theropy for 2 months an a womb vac.  It depends on the person.  It also depends if your cuts over all health.  Did they give you pain killers?
I wanted to add.. I was on some kick a** pain killers for that 2 weeks! (I had my csection at 4;44pm and was up at 8:30am walking down several long hallways to the NICU) I NEEDED the painkillers,
but I'm also tolerant to them, not a good thing. They on 2 occasions gave me 100mg of Demerol and it took the pain away but didn't make me high. The nurse expected me to be put to sleep but I was watching TV when she came back. :)
It hurt the 1st week for me, then the week after it was unconfortable.  I just got pain killers for 4 days and they removed the stitches 6 days after havong my baby (you can barely see the scar).  Hang in there, it will be over before you know.  Take care! :)
i had my c section a month and a half ago and i am still in pain all they sent me home with was ibuprofen 800mg thats all
Took me 3 weeks to be able to walk without being keeled over and probably another month or so after that to feel somewhat normal again. Don't worry, you'll live