Pregnancy 18-24 Community
how long does drugs stay in a babies stool?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

im worried about my babies health. I am not an addict. i have been clean for 1 year now off heroin. i must make a note that i am going to NA meetings every week and drug court  because of a previous charge a year ago. I have never failed ONE test. Anyways im concerned about my child. My grandmother keeps a unmarked container with medications in it. (the kind that has monday threw friday written on  the top, and has a little extra box for what was normally over the counter tylenol or ibprophen) anyways i have a history of cyst and i just found out i have two. im 19 weeks pregnant. anyways i took what i thought was normal safe medication for a course of 4days and ended up getting kinda sick. my grandma then told me they were not over the counter pills. they were her pain medication that she previously got prescribed. percoset and/vicodin ... i was already told by the court i was getting drug tested and so was my child when she was born. i know that i am not doing anything at all and not concerned about me but my child. i know she will not be addicted to something i did for 4 days at a low dose. maybe one a day and stopped right away after i found out what i was taking. im concerned they will find the opiates in her stool and she will get taken away. i havent touched a single drug threw out my pregnany and dont plain on taking anything ever again. i love her already and want to give her the world. i made one mistake in my life. im so scared. do you think they will be able to see the opiates in her system from 19 weeks of pregnancy?
You should be fine sweetie.   You still have 20 weeks to let it pass through your system.  Don't worry about Vicodin having an impact on your baby either.  My doctor prescribed me the same type of meds for my migraines plus when your in labor the doctor may give you pain meds through an IV.  Bottom line its not going to show up in a drug test it will be long gone out of your system and babies before birth.
thank you(: but someone told me that the stool can be tracked back all the way to 15 weeks. oh wow im so scared i wanna give my baby the world lol. i woulod be heart broken it my little bella got taken from me:(
Even if that was the case your baby has not had his/her first bowel movement yet and I don't think that happens until the end of your pregnancy.  I am really curious now to double check my info.  
i know she hasnt but the 1st bowl movement at birth is what im worried about. i know she is healthy i got my blood work back and she is normal which is great
hiya lovely, i dont really know much about this but i do know that your baby only starts to collect mecconium (babies first stool) in its bowel from around 18 weeks onwards, and even then its only tiny amounts i would think that you will be fine as the dose was so small, some babies only start collecting mecconium a little later on depending on their development in the womb. hope this helps a little, try not to worry i know its easier said than done. good luck xx
Im currently 27weeks pregnant and i have failed 2 of my tests at he ob but i quit smoking in dec it is march but iv been around smoking will it show up in my baby and if so will they take my baby away at the hospital i live in tn
Worriedsick. I've smoked at the beginning of both pregnancies,  they test you and the baby at the hospital I was 100% by labor time. But 2 different friends say they failed the drugtest and they send cps to your house 1x to see your living environment. But it is different from state to state because weed is actually legal in California. A friend of mines sister was taken from their mom at the hospital, but that was 15 years ago, things are different now. But the sooner you stop the better, and 2nd hand smoke won't affect your bloodstream. Good luck :)
I thin u should b fine sweetie... try not o stress it. U got 20 more weeks so I'd assume u will be ok. Good luck nd Congrats... I had the same problem but I've been clean for 10 months now nd It was the hardest thing ever t get Crane... so congratulations to u!! Hope u have a great pregnancy:)
I failed three test at Ob and 7 months pregnant I'm trying to stop doing coke but its hard I don't do much if I can stay clean now and at birth will I still get my baby taken from me I know I'm a piece of crap
No your not a piece of crap. Yes I'm a firm believer that addiction is a choice but it comes to a point when its in your brain and it becomes a mental thing. Being honest with your ob at this point is the beat thing you can do. We all make mistakes but its how we learn from them that matters the most. Stopping now might be hard but its what's best for your baby. And if he/she means that much to you then you will get help NOW instead of continuing and hiding it. Asking for help and being honest is the first step but you have to WANT to stop...no one can do the work but you. Best of luck to you
I'm stoping now just worried about dcf and my baby stool being tested