Pregnancy 18-24 Community
i didnt know i was pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

i didnt know i was pregnant

Befor I knew that I was pregnant I had smoked some weed at a party and when i went to the dr. they said that i was pregnant and they also found out that I had smoked weed.She said that they would ramdomley test me to make sure i am clean and i will be from now on becasue i hardley ever smoke to begin with. But I am very worried becasue i have a three year old son and i am so worried that they will trun me in or something can someone please tell me if they will do anything to me or my son? thank you.
I didn't know they could just test you like that without telling you. Did you just go for a pregnancy test or something else? Stay clean and I'm sure all will be fine. If you continue with it, of course, I'm sure someone would take action.  Congrats on your pregnancy and hope all continues well for you in the future.
They give you a urine test at every dr visit. If you stay clean there should be no problem. that happened to me with my first pregnancy. Once I found out I was pregnant I stopped and everything was fine. Good luck
Dont smoke anymore and no worries with your 3 year old. As long as you stay off pot while you are pregnant you will be good :)
Umm, Why are you smoking weed to begin with? That is pretty irresponsible for any adult, especially a PARENT with a 3 year old child. I do believe that it is a medical professional's duty to report any possible "unsafe" circumstances to Department Of Social Services. I am also really not understanding why you had a drug test if you went to the OB/GYN for a pregnancy test. I am 31 years old and my OB has YET  to administer a drug test? Seems MORE than odd to me. I think we are missing some of the story here...
I would go to another dr. They shouldnt be testing you like that, as  long as you can trust your self and what your saying is true. Lots of people smoke or drink or take pills prior to knowing they are preg, i would be pissed if i opened up to them and then they were going to test me every month, i would def get another dr, but that is just me.
I would not be so hard on your self, esp if you say you never do it. you are an adult, child or not drinking could be a lot worse then smoking pot, so i wouldnt let anyone get down on you for that. As long as you are saying you really do not do this often with a kid. And if thats the case again you are an adult and i would not subject your self to anyone throwing any judgements at you.
And if you do have a problem, think of it as a good thing that they are keeping on top of you, but if this is left feild get a new dr.
hey my friend had a similar problem she had a 2 year old daughter
except she was a pot head
well she turned out pregnant and of course went to the doctor and she had weed in her system also
they told her they would be doin random test and if it kept showing up they would turn her into cps
well after that she stayed clean and so nothin happened
its nothing to get yourself worked up about no need to change doctors or none of that
you just need to stay clean through out the pregnancy which im sure you will
you just need to understand its their job just like if a teacher see's bruises and stuff all on a young child its their job to turn that in also
so youll be surprised how some parents are and their just tryna do whats best for the child
hope this helps!
yea i mean, you don't have to change dr, if that is protocol, but that is what i would do. i would just be under the assumtion that they would have to have your consent before testing you for drugs, if you gave it then i guess you just have to deal with it. I just know i never smoke, but if i did on a wim and my dr tested me with out me knowing or telling me i would change dr. But everyone is diff, Find out if every dr does so. Good luck im sure you will do fine.
I actually like that they do that. They're looking after the interest of the child, not trying to condemn you. So don't smoke weed and all will be well.
I would want to be able to trust my dr. and i would think they would tell you that type of thing before they do it. Ofcorse they would only be looking out for the child, but i think it is alittle odd they do not have to get your consent. Maybe it is diff state to state, one night of smoking is nothing to beat your self over, doing it over and over while you are preg is. Good luck