Pregnancy 18-24 Community
im 7 weeks pregnant and im bleeding.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

im 7 weeks pregnant and im bleeding.

im 7 weeks pregnant, and i've been bleeding for a week now. its very scary. the day after i started bleeding, i called the doctor and they saw me the same day. when i went, i got my blood taken, i got an u/s and i heard my baby's heartbeat(which is the most amazing sound ever). the doctor also said its normal to bleed lightly. but is it normal to bleed lightly for over a week? my friend is 6 months pregnant now, and she told me when she was two months pregnant she had started bleeding, and it lasted as long as her period should. i dont know. i just want someone to talk to about this, because the wait sucks, and i really dont have anyone to talk to about this. please give me some different advice, something that i havent heard before!

This discussion is related to Dark Brown Spotting in Early Pregnancy.
Hi there try not to worry,hard i know,but your doctor is correct light bleeding is common in pregnancy,the fact that you saw your babys heartbeat is a good sign,since this reduces mc.as long as you are not bleeding heavy or having really bad tummy aches,you should be ok..i had the same with my son many years ago,he is now nearly 15.ouch....... that makes me feel old,LOL.. seriously try not to worry,and keep your feet up and rest..
i dont know what all you have heard but i know some things from experience! with my first daughter I bled off and on for nearly 2 months. but it wasnt bright red it was like a rusty color, she was fine. I know what you mean to have to bite your nails the whole way through the first trimester. im sorry! right now i am bleeding very slightly too, only when i wipe i see bright red but AF came late and lasted only two days which never happens and I have my first docs app. tomorrow. maybe you should have a follow up with your doctor, are you cramping also? My nurse also told me they dont get concerned until the blood is bright red and you are in lots of pain... if its brown or just pinkish white its probably just being pushed out of the uterus because its old lining/blood or you strained too much. hope you come out of it ok, i hope this helps
that makes me feel better. thank you.
the blood is kinda brownish and i have no pain at all.  and good luck at your appointment tomorrow.
thank you!
I know you are nervous. I am 8 weeks 3 days and I had a lot of bleeding last tuesday which has since turned to light bleeding. Hearing the heartbeat should reassure you. My doctors have told me to try and rest as much as possible. There are alot of changes going on and it can be nerve wrecking.I just rented a fetal heart monitor so I can hear the heartbeat at home . I think the earliest they detect is 8 weeks, but it might ease the worry.
Did the same thing when I was pregnant with my son and also during the early weeks of this pregnancy. Seeing the heartbeat is very reassuring. As long as the blood is not continuous with cramping you should be fine. The worrying stinks but it sounds like you are going to be just fine. Best of luck.
make sure they take hcg levels to make sure they are still rising.  if they rise and not drop, then everything should be fine.  good luck to you:)
thank you all. i have heard the heartbeat at 6 weeks. i have another appointment april 21st. ill keep you guys updated.
I wouldn't worry too much hon. You heard the baby's heartbeat and that's improtant! Some woman can bleed and heavily throughout they're whole entire pregnancy... My best friend is pregnant with #3 and bleeds her whole pregnancy, but she's fine... and has 2 beautiful babies and one on the way again...... Don't worry unless your cramping really bad or the bleeding comes heavier.
i just went to the bathroom, and im bleeding really really light. lighter then i have this whole week. so hopefully its stoppingg.
That is a very good thing!!!!! Like I said it's normal to bleed lightly during pregnancy... It just means your body is changing.... And dont be suprised if when you have sex, you bleed too... Changes in the hormones cause cervix irritation and the cervix will get irritated causing you to bleed....
Don't worry about the light bleeding.Its normal, but if it gets heavier call the doctor IMMEDITALEY. If you were loosing the baby you would know it. I wish you the best of luck. I love you Shelby. and i hope EVERYTHING is ohkay with my newphew or niece.  Love, Bailey.It's probably nothing to worry about, when you become pregnant your cervix becomes sensitive and can bleed lightly throughout your pregnancy. Some women even get their "period" during their pregnancy...well, it's the flow of a normal period.

SEE I LOVE YOU NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT MOMMYYY.
UPDATE: i stopped bleeding today. but the doctors also moved my appointment up to friday just to see if everythings normal. ill update then. and i wanted to thank you all for giving me advice and making me feel better. it also made the wait not so bad.
Yay!!! I hope you have a wonderful appt. Friday and hear the h/b again!
thank you. i hope so too.
bad news. i started bleeding again today. its still light but instean of being brownish pinkish its red. im scared. and now i dont know what to do or whats going on..
Well relax and take a deep breath!! Drink lots of water and put your feet up! Did you call the Dr.? Might do that first and then just take it easy! Try not get too worked up! I'll be thinking about you sweetie! Everything will be okay!
I spotted a pinkish-tannish color starting the day I hit 8 weeks,
And it lasted till I was 9 1/2. So that's about a week and a half there.

Spotting is normal during early pregnancy.
So I wouldn't stress over it.
Aslong as you heard your baby's heart beat, [[which I heard mine for the first time at 7 1/2 weeks!!]] you're gunna be fine.
Cuz if you were miscarrying, that baby's heart would not be beating.

Just give it some time, as long as the blood ain't bright red and clotty like a normal period, then you're safe.

Hope this helps!
=]
Hi!

My first pregnancy I started bleeding red everyday at 9 weeks and I got a D&C at 13.

Then I got pregnant with my son, on and off threw out my entire pregnancy I bleed red. Got an 8 pound baby at 36 weeks, he is now almost 12. Then I got pregnant two more times, got two girls and I never bleed with them.

Then last year I got a tubal legation and I found out early March I was pregnant. At 6 weeks I got an U/S and I got to see the baby and there was a heartbeat! At 7 weeks I started bleeding red, just a little, not enough to dirty a pad. I got another U/S, and no more heartbeat. I did not bleed since but got another U/S Monday because my uterus was still growing and my breast were still soar and all the other pregnancy symptoms.  So we thought they had made a mistake. It was a negative again, no heartbeat and no embryo growth. Yesterday I had a D&C.

So basically the only thing you can do is wait and pray. I was praying for a heartbeat till the last minute. Nature will do what is best. Allot of women miscarry on their first pregnancy, and if you do it's because there is something wrong and nature takes care of it. In a way, our body is beautifully design... it just does not take our emotions in consideration.

So hang in there, if it does not work this time at least your body will be fully prepared for the next time.

I'll be thinking of you! Take care!
thank you. helped alot.
after the doctors tomorrow ill update everyone. wish me luckkk.
all the best tomorrow...
Positive vibrations being sent your way!!!
So are you having bleeding that is pink or red at all, or is it just brown?
ohkay. so when i woke up this morning, the bleeding was alot heavier than usual, and it was red. i started getting cramps throught the day but i didnt think anything of it, i thought maybe it was just gas? i went to the doctors and they did an ultasound, saw the baby... but there was no heartbeat.me and my boyfriend were devastated and i was so lost because the day after i started bleeding everything was fine, there was a heartbeat and everything, and a week and a half later the baby is still inside of me but dead? i just dont get it.  i have a D&C on monday. my first time, and nervous.
im sooo sorry that u and your b/f are going through this. you r both in my prayers
thank you.
you and your boyfriend are in my prayers tonight and every night, i cant imagine what you are going through. good luck and best wishes to you.
thank you. at least i know some people care..
take care and lean on each other.
we're trying our best. thank you.
I am so sorry for yur los. I am sending u guys my best wishes.
i had to go to the er today cause the baby passed by itself. was there for about 6 hours. they wanted to make sure  everything passed and my cervix closed by itself, if not i woud have had to get the surgery. my body did what it was supposed to and passed everything, and luckily my cervix closed and i didnt need to get the D&C. it was the most horrible thing i've ever experienced though.. all the blood, pain and tissue coming out and then the baby coming out in its sac...(sorry if its too much info, but i just have to get this whole thing out of me instead of keeping it bottled inside)i can see the baby. and its tiny little hands and feet. and eyes. so much has happened in the past two days.. and im emotionally drained by all of this i cant even cry anymore. but for some reson when i saw the baby, it kinda made me feel better. which to me is weird, but it answered some of my questions, like how big was it?, was it developing to fast?, etc. well after all that has happened, its not over yet. i have to go to the doctors every two days to get blood drawn to make sure the pregnancy hormone levels go back to zero.  idk. i just wanted to update everyone. thank you for listening.
havent updated in awhile.. i finally stopped bleeding, and i my pregnancy hormone levels are back down to zero. not sure if i should start birth control or not. i want to get pregnant again, but if i do ill be so scared this will happen again.
I am so sorry for everything you have been through. You need to allow yourself sometime to grieve and get yourself strong emotionally and physically. Alot of women feel like that after they have a miscarriage and when they get pregnant again they are scared. You need to just give it time. My thoughts and prayers are with you . Good Luck in what ever you decide.
EVERY WOMAN who has had a m/c or lost a baby feels like that.  I can assure u. I had a m/c 11/07 & when i found out I am preg again, the thought of having another m/c jus would not get out my head. I had to have a D&C though. Anyway, you jus have to have faith that everything will be ok the next time around. ~Good Luck~
I am so sorry for your loss.  Sometimes I respond to these posts and sometimes I don't because there just are no words.  I wish I could say something to help ease the pain.

I will say though that this forum is a wonderful support with lots of wonderful ladies and we are all here to listen anytime you need to vent.

I will keep you in my prayers......
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I have been thorough very similar, in 2006 i  got pregnant(first pregnancy), and at around 7 1/2 weeks I started spotting for less than 2 days. The day after when I bled I had an u/s and they saw the bay and the heat bit. BUT at 13 weeks routine scan I found out I had a missed miscarriage at 8 1/2 weeks. So the baby had died a week after the bleeding. I had to do D&C . I am now 19 weeks pregnant and thanks god all appears to be normal. Just remember each pregnancy is DIFFERENT. I didn't want to get pregnant straight away because 1. I was scared of the same happening. 2. wanted to sort out some health issues before I do, which I couldn't any way. Best of luck and go ahead to try again when you are ready.
Well Hi Again! You are 16... so take it easy, don't rush into anything! I'm glad to see that you are doing better. Take some time to treat yourself and take care of you, physically you are doing fine but I'm pretty sure that mentally you are still bleeding tears.

It was a month yesterday that I got my D&C... today I have my first periods since. Life goes on, the big wheel keeps on turning and not one day since, I have not thought of my little angel.

So take your time, take a deep breath, enjoy the warm sun on your face, the summer wind caressing your skin, listen to your body an give yourself the time to heal!

(((HUGS)))
it was a month two days ago when i found out i had a miscarriage.. im doing alot better then i was though. i've decided that im not going to try to get pregnany anytime soon again, because it wont help me forget about my first pregnancy.  thank you for all your support.
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. It is very difficult to lose a baby, I had my first miscarriage when I was 6 weeks pregnant but didnt find out until my u/s at 7 weeks.I had a d&c then. I just had my second one last week and my second d&c on Friday. I just found out it was a blighted ovum, pregnancy hormone with no fetus or anything. Physically you recover fine and emotionally you will too. It does take time. No matter when you get pregnant again you will never forget your first pregnancy and you shouldnt. That baby was a part of you.
So keep your head up and stay positive because you can't give up or you will never have a family. I keep telling myself that.
im sorry that you had to go through that more then once. and yeah, your right.
very scared this time round , i've been spotting for about a week but it feels like forever. i know i'm pregnate cause i didn't get my period in june and i feel sick alot. which is natral when i'm pregnate . i have four kids three boys and one girl ages 14 - 4 . i had a m/c in feb 08 this yr. and i am so scared i feel like terminating this pregnacy cause i don't think mentally i can deal with that lost again . i try to be hopeful but its taking over my life i go to the bathroom just to wipe and see if i'm spottin please someone tell me something my life in on hold emotionally and i feel like i can't breath .