Pregnancy 18-24 Community
loss of symptoms and no embryo found at 5 weeks help!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

I went to the E.R a couple days ago due to light pink discharge i was told my H.C.G level was 4,000 and that my pelvic exam looked normal I am around 5 1/2 weeks preg. they did an ab u/s and a vag u/s and saw a yolk sack but no embryo. then this morning i woke up and do not feel pregnant slight soreness in the breasts but no more nausea, does this mean there is no embryo developement??? please if you have dealt with this help!!
When I was 8 weeks along I lost my pregnancy symptoms. I had more energy, my morning sickness went away overnight, and I just had a feeling that I wasn't pregnant anymore. However, the next week my symptoms came back with a vengeance!
It is possible that you are just too early to see anything yet on an ultrasound.
the light pink discharge may have very well been the egg implanting into your uterus, this is something normal i was told during one of my pregnancies so i would not be to concerned and it is early in your pregnancy what is seen on an u/s one day will not be the same the next day as the baby is rapidly developing hang in there be positive, i know how you feel but its best to be as positive as you can and avoid unnecessary stress...it'll only make things worse!
Is it possible for you to go back to the dr. and have them see if your hcg levels are still increasing?  If they are going up, then you should try not to worry.  If they are going down, that almost always indicates an impending miscarriage.  Have you had any cramping or any bleeding other than the discharge?  Seeing a yolk sac but no embryo is possible at that early of an ultrasound.  It may take a bit longer to see a fetal pole, and then after that, a heartbeat.  Many women have the experience of their symptoms going away and returning again.  Those women usually enjoy the break :-)  However, having had a few miscarriages myself, I totally understand your concern.  I would see about getting your levels rechecked to see if they are doubling.  Good luck to you and try your hardest to rest and relax.  Drink lots of water and keep your feet up.
A lot of women go through this at 5 weeks into their pregnancy. K10road has said it all!!! I wouldn't worry at this point.
don't worry! its way too early to see a baby yet and pregnancy symptoms will come and go (mine did and it worried me but i had to try to get used to it). try not to worry. as long as your pelvic exam was normal then try not to worry. bleeding is also very common. i bled too and im 35 weeks goin strong. :)
I am 5 weeks + 4 days and thought the same thing yesterday my breasts didnt seem to feel sore and i felt fine again plenty of energy, although iv noticed i seem to get the symptoms more at night time,its usually when i start feeling sick! im not worried though i dont have any bleeding or cramping .....  although i do think is not cramping normall, i have had cramps last week only very mild nothing painful and then now im not feeling any so im confused too =] good luck im sure everythings fine
i read ths post and i felt like this wa similar mine except im 8weeks today and last wednesday i saw the baby and his/her heartbeat.. but now im experiencing some pinksih/light red secretion as well the nurse told me it was normal not to worry unless i was cramping really bad and started to see bright red blood. even though the nurse told me and some f you gals said not to wory on my post, i stil cant help but to worry. i automatically think miscarriage. so i might go to the e.r today just to be on the safe side.
to you Kimmy161 i would say dnt worry it is a little to early to tell, but i agree with the person above i your levels keep going up then you should be fine..... good luck, and keep us posted
Dont worry  to much, the same thing happend to me, i got an ultrasound at 6 weeks because i started spotting, and the gestational sac was measuring 6.5 weeks, there was a yolk sac but no fetal pole (embryo).
at 8 weeks i got another ultrasound and saw my baby girl moving around and i heard her heartbeat, im currently 20 weeks and she is perfect.
you should get another ultrasound in 2 weeks to see if the baby has developed.

it was to early for me to see her at 6 weeks, it was probably to early for you at 5 weeks.

you can see my 6 week ultrasound if you whant to on my photos, remember i was even further along than you i was 6.5 weeks and there was no heartbeat or fetal pole (embryo)

Good luck