Pregnancy 18-24 Community
mirena recall ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

mirena recall ?

i decided to go w| mirena for my birth control, but i haven't gone to my doctor yet. a couple of my girlfriends told me they had a recall on mirena ..any you ladies heard of this
ive been seeing something on tv about it... try looking it up to see what it says..
I was on mirana for a year and had no problems with it! :-) but I have not heard anything on it being recalled!
thank you ladies !
My friend had an IUD and within three months, have a total uterine prolapse and had a hysterectomy at 26 :( I don't like IUDs anyway because of my religion but I've also heard a lot of horror stories
Ohmygoodness that's terrible :/ i can't imagine goin thru something like that at such a young age
I had the mirena for 5 yrs and zero problems. The only mention on recalls regarding mirena were on attorney commercials. I didnt find anything credible showing they were recalled. Any kind of birth control has risks. I never had issues w mirena but with the pill i had endless problems. Not everyone will respond the same way to a specific birth control.
A girl at my work has it n she's had it since march n she's already getting it taking out bc she handles every side effect they thought something was wrong with her n come to find out that its her iud
I am on my second iud, and it has worked out perfect for me. I had my first one put n 8 yrs ago. being on birth control for 8yrs after a bad pregnancy, Surgery or an iud was my only 2 choices, at the age of 34. Any birth control has side effects. Both doctors put me on a antibotic (antibiotic) a few days b4 the implant. My daughter had nothing but infections when she had hers put in. Her doctor never did antibotics, needless to say she had it taken out. Im beside my self  bc my daughter was told by a specialist...not to have any baby for at least 5yrs. She delivered her first an only baby at 7 months, an we fought to keep baby in from 20 wks til she delivered. i wish her doctor would of listened to her an jus give a antibotic (antibiotic), at least tried it.
I had the merina amd hated it i had increased discharge tmi im sorry and alot of cramps. I also went to the doc and they said I developed a cyst on my cervix. I personally would never get it again but everybodys body is different.
I am ony second Mirena. Loved the first so for a second. So did my sister in law. We both never have periods and have loved it!  Not had the first problem at all.

Hope this helps,
Melissa H.
Error in first post. Sorry.

I am on my second Mirena. Loved the first so got a second one. So did my sister in law. We both never have periods and have loved it! Not had the first problem at all. Hope this helps, Melissa H.