Pregnancy 18-24 Community
need advise

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

need advise

I'm pretty sure now that I have been constipated for a while. I don't really notice if I don't use the restroom for a while because thats pretty normal for me. Anyways, I just went to the restroom and it took 15 minutes. My stool was so hard it was like a brick and it was so hard to push out. But the weirdest part is that the area around my bottom felt swollen when I was wiping. Has anyone else experienced this and what is it? I just took a stool softner because I think I may need to go more but that was just too painful. I would never feel comfortable asking anyone about this but thankfully none of you know me lol.
Oh and I'm 17w3d.
I have felt like that also I just figure my butt hole was irritated because my poop was so hard
I take miralax. I add it to my water. It helps a lot
Dude, its a normal thing in pregnancy. Your doctor will tell you stool softeners you can take. This is nothing to be embarassed about, even though for some people I guess it is. I get constipated soooo bad, which makes my heartburn even worse and makes me nauseous. I have resorted to eating activia twice a day, smothering my food in tobasco(which is okay cuz im craving spicy food anyways) and when I get smoothies i order them with extra fiber supplements, I feel 3000% better now that my system is moving again.
Its sad I thought I was getting a cute little baby bump but now I think I'm just that backed up. Thanks for the advise.
I'm 9w and also have a hard time going.. *****!! Just feel like you wanna have a nice long SOFT poo!! Least I do!!   I was in WIC yesterday talking and the lady told me to try something..    

Right away in morning drink 2cups(16oz) of hot water. Not hot to where you burn yourself but not warm. She said to drink it some what fast. Can add a little lemon flavor or green tea. Not a lot.
Wait a half hour then eat breakfast. Hour after that go sit in RR for a while.. It may take couple days to work but she said she's been doing it 36 years and is regular as can be..
Warm water is more easily absorbed into your system so that makes perfect sense. Up your water intake and get some stool softeners, also if you feel you need to poo, go right away because holding it can make it harden.