Pregnancy 18-24 Community
ovulation sticks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

ovulation sticks

hi

i have been trying to conceive and have been using one step ovulation tests.
3 days ago i got a very strong positive and luckily enough me and my husband had sex the day before, so we went again the day of the result and the 3 days after.
I did another this morning to see if my lh levels were still high and the result was negative.
Im just wondering (as im now in the 2ww) if the lh levels are meant to drop. I have heard if you are pregnant the lh levels stay high and now im very sceptical as to whether i have conceived or not.
Has anyone else used ovulation sticks and seen their lh levels drop, but you were pregnant?
You will only get a positive result if you are ovulating. OPK are not meant to detect pregnancy but yes there are some people who have gotten a positive OPK in the end of their 2ww to find out they also got a positive HPT. I wouldnt worry to much as you did cover most of the ovulation window. Without any medical problems I would be surprised if you didnt get a BFP this month. Good luck to you!!!
thanks that has put my mind at rest a bit
this 2ww is the worst ever :-( it just seems to drag
Im keeping everything crossed :-)
1 more thing if your pregnant, what is the time it takes for implantation?
This is not necessarily true.  Also keep in mind that OPK's only predict that ovulation is LIKELY To occur in the next 24 hours, it does not gaurantee that you HAVE ovulated.  A more accurate way of knowing when you ovulate is to chart you BBT, a spike in your temp will let you know that you have in fact ovulated.  It also gives you a good idea of when to expect your period.  

Implantation is different for every woman and can take anywhere from a couple to several days.
Your LH surge only happens right before ovulation. Once you have ovulated it goes away. The reason you can use an OPK to detect pregnancy is because it also detects the HCG (pregnancy) hormone. When I was in my 2WW before I got my BFP I didnt have any HPT's so I used one of my OPK's. Sure enough it came up positive. The next day I did a HPT and it was postive too. I am now almost 9 weeks pregnant. Good luck to you
Implantation can take form 6-12 days and it can take another 2-4 days for the HCG to be high enough to be detectable by a home pregnancy test. I suggest you wait until the day your period is due to test, and use a sensitive test like First Response or Clear Blue Digital.

OPKs can not detect HCG. LH the luteinizing hormone and HCG are similar, but not the exact same, hence the reason an OPK CAN show positive if you are pregnant, but you are more likely to get a positive pregnancy test BEFORE a positive OPK.
http://www.     peeonastick.       com/     opkhpt.html      
Take out the spaces and this website explains it.
thanks for the info.
10 more days to wait!!!!!! its so frustrating, i wanna know now lol