Pregnancy 18-24 Community
painful menstrual cramps but no period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

painful menstrual cramps but no period

my fiance and i have been trying for the past month to get pregnant.
sex once a day April 17-24
got my period April 25th-29th, normal
sex again every day May 1st-219th

May 20th i began have cramps like my period was going to come, although i normally ALWAYS get cramps the day OF my period for about 3 days. they were just like my menstrual ones.
MAy 21st, same. but i did notice i had to pee often.
May 22nd i had the urge to pee ALL the time, i didnt actually know if i had to go half the time and when i did VERY little came out. my cramps were just alittle bit more painful and annoying over all.
May23rd the pain was getting to the point where i decided to see my doctor, she urged me to do a UTI and that i may not be pregnant.
May 24th my doctor wasnt in for the results and my cramps were at its worst.
May 25th got my results, negative to the UTI, so she gave me the medication "just in case" i had one and it just didnt show up. she gave me a pelvic exam and found my belly was normal.
May 26th was terrible, i found myself busying myself (Sweeping, cleaning, walking) anything to take my mind off the pain for alittle while.
that night i went to the emergency care and they did a pregnancy test, negative
TODAY: cramps come and go, i constantly feel i need to pee, very little do i pee, warm and yellow, but i'm drinking more than i ever have.

so i have no idea whats going on, but i was suppose to ovulate between the 5th and the 10th. so figured i was pregnant.

i have had cramps when i was ovulating, but they just felt like my menstrual cramps. ALSO i would like to add that i have been losing weight dramaticly, lke every 2 lbs a week (metabolism is back in action).

anyone have any clue, maybe i am pregnant just undetected? highly doubtfull but we have been trying. i will take any advice.

i have no seen an OB GYN yet.

-stephanie, mother of 2 yr old son

Well when was your period due??
since my last period its been 28 days since the 29th and i have irregular periods, so i have not a clue. this is something i've never experienced before. but something is telling me that there's more going on then a pregnancy. sooo i'm clueless
Well it's possible the tests were taken too early. Or you really could have UTI that didn't show up. Did they test you for anything else? I got BV a while back and it made my period a little weird. IT's NOT a sexual deseise BUT you can get it from sex. It's an infection. Maybe ask for a Blood test to see if you are pregnant. They are more accurate.
you could be testing too early if your period isnt due untill the 29th. I would wait a few days and test again with FMU.
i'm getting my medication for the UTI tonight so if it helps then that's what i'm guessing happend. otherwise if i dont get my period in a month somethings up and i'm going to an OB GYN.

blueeyedtabbycay-
i will do that, thank you for your help and concern.

i appreciate BOTH of your feedback.
So what happened? Did the medication work?? Or are you still having issues??