Pregnancy 18-24 Community
pineapple

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

pineapple

i heard many ppl say that eating many pineapples can cause abortion..and some say having lot of cocacola can also cause abortion..are these true??
Ive read that eating pineapple can ripen the cervix.. But also heard that it will do nothing if your not ready to go into labor.. In my early pregnancy, pineapples were so cheap and I had never heard anything against eating them so my husband and I were cutting up a pineapple a week and snacking on it here and there...  It didnt seem to do anything so I wouldnt worry too much.

The situation with the cocacola is probably related to caffeine.  They recommended you keep your caffeine intake around 200-300Mg (depending on your doctor) during pregnancy. THis is considered the safe level.  Exceeding this level does increase your chance of miscarriage...  But to reach the 200 mg level, you would need ot be having probably 3 or more cocacolas a day...  SO moderation is key... Cocacola also has a lot of sugar in it so its not really recommended as a regular beverage but drinking Cocacola wont directly cause you to abort your baby.
No they are not true.

I ate pineapple constantly through out my pregnancy. It was one thing I craved more than anything else.

I have two very healthy 3 year old boys.
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers