Pregnancy 18-24 Community
please no judgement

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

please no judgement

I'm considering breast feeding but I'm a smoker and don't want my baby to be drinking nicotine and if i have a head ache and absolutely have to take a Tylenol idk if that effects the baby, i wanna use a pump and bottle instead of my breast because i feel that a sexual part my child shouldn't even see, but how does medication effect my milk?
I'm really not sure, I would talk to your doctor about it. At my doctors office there's a list of lactation consultant's I can get in contact with for free, I'm sure your doctor could help you with that. I know you have to be very careful with medications (just the same as with pregnant) while breastfeeding. Tylenol is fine, that's fine to take during pregnancy as well. It's VERY hard to pump from the get-go, trust me! I breastfed for about 3-4 days, then pumped constantly after that and it was so demanding, I'm not even touching a pump this time! I get that breasts can also be a sexual part of your body, but it's really not like that at all with your child, maybe try it and see if it bothers you? There's also a breastfeeding forum that you might get a little more helpful answer than my own

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Breastfeeding/show/233?controller=forums&action=show&id=233&camp=msc
While I was pregnant I worried it would be awkward breastfeeding. But now that I am Ive realized how much I love being able to feed my baby. Its so much more covenient, it creates a special bond as well. I pump for school but its not something I would want to do all the time!
The tylenol is perfectly fine according to my doctor. However I have been smoking since I was 16 years old and I stopped as soon as I found out I am pregnant. In the long run, that will do more damage. My cousin smoked my whole pregnancy and now her baby has to be on a nebulizer, and gets sick alot. If I were you I would slowly ween myself off. I know its hard, but it became very easy for me when I started thinking about my baby and how much she would suffer. Good luck.
Also if it makes you feel better you could just stop breastfeeding once the baby for like 6 months, or switch to the pump then.