Pregnancy 18-24 Community
"possible" pregnancy with a fixed boyfriend

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

ok i was to start my period on april 14 i did well the first day was light pink and spotting and the next two days were a browish discharge. and nothing sence then. i have not been feeling well today was horrible i felt sick all morning. i have a 2 year old. and iv never had this happen. i do feel pregnant. problem is my boyfriend had a vascemety a little over 3 years ago. so i want to know what this could be and if any one has gotten pregnant with a man who is so called fixed. thank you
did he go to his follow up appointment? and are you POSITIVE he had a V?

there's a good chance you are pregnant if he didn't go to his follow up. Vasectomies can reverse themselves quite easily.

It would be about time for you to take a test right now.. so you should test. GOOD LUCK!
(BTW... if it's positive and you havent cheated.. make him get his stuff tested to show that you DIDN"T cheat.. because some guys will get it stuck in they're heads that since they're fixed they can never get a woman pregnant... NOT TRUE)
you know, my brother in law,he runs around and tells 2 stories, 1 that he wants a dghtr, 2 that he's had a vasectomy and can't have kids....guess what, he'd never had a vasectomy until 4 years ago, as his 2nd sons mom found after she got pregnant....he said he was fixed, and even went so far as to say she cheated, but here come the dna tests, and he was not fixed! needless to say he is now.....!

nothing is 100% in life...if he didnt do his follow up, or if he had sex after his alleged vasectomy,m then it may not have "stuck".....you should see a dr, and it's possible he may want to as well, b/c if he got fixed,, but forgot his appt, then the dr's need to see about fixing him again, so to say lol.....
he did go to his appts 3 years ago they both came back 0 parts per million. but hes not been tested sence then. he knows that i would never cheat on him. well we are engaged so i would hope not. i dotn want more kids so but if i am. just another bundle of joy thank you too for your information i approciate it
Meejo,

It can happen, I am living proof lol. I have 2 boys and my husband had a vasectomy and I stayed on birth control for extra protection. He went to his appointments and his were 0 per million as well.

Well, I am not 17 weeks pregnant with my 4th child lol.

So if your pregnant after you boyfriend had a vasectomy then god has a plan ;) thats how we look at it.