Pregnancy 18-24 Community
post pregnancy weight

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

post pregnancy weight

okay im a little confused by all of this.. but before i got prego i was about 114...at the end of my pregnancy i was about 146 and now i am 121. the part that confuses me is that im the same size i was pre-pregnancy. i fit back into all my clothes, i look the same size i was, and im even slightly more toned cause ive been working out. so what gives? i can't figure out where the 7 lbs are coming from and its kinda driving me nuts. id like to be able to say i lost all of my weight and i can't say that.. but i LOOK like i lost it all. anybody else experience this?
it's probably your breasts and hips....childbirth makes a woman "fuller" but not necessarily bigger. I bet your hips are slightly rounder and your breasts are slightly larger, your face may be slightly fuller too. I wouldn't sweat it :)
muscle weights more if you been exerciseing then you will weigh slightly more usually anyway
I agree with both of the above.  Our bodies change considerably during pregnancy.  Just like with this pregnancy. I started out at the same exact weight that I started my LAST pregnancy, I've actually gained LESS weight thus far but a lot of the maternity clothes I wore with my last one are too tight now.   Just be thankful you fit into your pre-preg clothes so fast.  Lucky girl :)
If you fit into your pre-pregnancy clothes that's great, forget about the numbers on the scales!! Just thought I should also let you know that if you're breast feeding, exercising too much can cause your milk supply to drop because your body's energy is focused on losing weight rather than making milk! This happened to me with my second daughter and my milk dried up when she was two months old. This may not happen to you but just thought I'd mention it.
im so jealous.....losing almost all your baby weight this quickly is a huge accomplishment.....the 7 pounds leftover will disapper but if you look like you did pre preg than congrats :)

i know im not gonna be so lucky...im sure my weight is getting up there....im addicted to ice cream and sweet stuff :/

hows arianna doing?
I was able to fit back in my pre-pregnancy clothes the day after I had Gil in January.  With my first son, it took me 2 weeks - which is still pretty good!!  With that being said....things don't fit the "same" anymore - mostly because my chest is bigger!!  

Congratulations on getting back into your old clothes...that's amazing!  I agree with what another poster said, that you shouldn't be focused on the numbers, though....I ended up  gaining about 10 pounds that I never lost between my first pregnancy and getting pregnant the second time.  
thanks yall!! i shouldn't concentrate on the scale i know that...i just wish i could say i lost it all but now i think im gaining more in muscle!!! as long as i dont look like what the scale says! :)

waitn838: she's doing great :) going through a growth spurt so she's ALWAYS hungry...she weighs 7 lbs 2 oz now...she was 6 lbs 11 oz when we left the hospital so she's gainin good!! but i woulda have thought i would have gained wayyy more too when i was pregnant cause i was just like you..i wanted sweets ALL the time, and i ate them all the time hahaha. i seriously recommend an abdominal binder after pregnancy...i think thats what flattened my tummy so fast and shrunk my skin..and i also got the shrinkx hips from babiesrus and that's gotten me back into my 25 jeans! i was a little obsessive but it all seems to be working!! :)
glad to hear she is doing good...ill have to look into those items....my next weight check is june 10...im scared anymore to look at the scale..i gained 60 lbs with my son and lost it all in 3 months buti lived on the 3rd floor and was constantly up and down those stairs....

i also like to walk alot but becuase my cervix is holding at the shorter end my doc told me to stop walking as much...small walks are fine but i cant walk for an hour or 2 like i used to....

im amazed at how stretchy skin can be...i thought for sure my stomach would run out of skin but its still going :)
haha your funny i totally understand!!! good thing it is stretchy so it'll go back. :) id still take little walks if i were you though!! every little bit will help :)