Pregnancy 18-24 Community
pre-eclampsia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

pre-eclampsia

I was just wondering how many of you had pre-eclampsia with your second, because i'm almost 10 weeks and my blood pressure has been up 2 times, and I did have it with my first...is this common?
I don't have it but my sis-in-law does.  She has 3 kids and has gotten it with everyone.  Her first had to be taken a month early because of it.  Her 2nd only had to be taken a couple of days earlier than she was due.  Her 3rd was taken 2 or 3 weeks early.  If you have had it with one, your chances are very high that you will continue to have that problem.  I think if you have it with your first, your chances are like 1 in 3 or something like that.  I read that somewhere.  I'm sure your doctor will monitor you closely for this reason.  So yes, this is very common.  Take care.
I had it with both my kids and they induced me both times on my due date so Im figuring same thing with this one.
With my 1st, My blood pressure Was always high.But my dr. wasnt to concern. Then as I got to the end of my pregnancy I started to get more of the signs of pre-ecl. So I did have my son 2weeks early it would of been 3weeks if my dr. was in town.

Now that Iam pregnant again. With a new dr. we are paying close attn. to it. AS of now my blood pressure is around 130/67-136/76 Some where in there. Its a little high.

What is your blood pressure at?
Yeah, I had that problem with my first son, and dr...the nurse freakin' cared more about me then he did, and like my blood pressure was going up in like the end of the 7th month into the 8th and like the middle of the 8th the nurse finally got the dr to run some tests and that's when they found out that i had pre-eclamp. But then it was like he was all pissed off at me for having pre-eclamp.  I couldn't do nothing about it.  Then they were gunna induce me that monday, and well I went into labor like 12 midnight sat...but since it was 12 midnight it would of been early sunday, if you follow me!  But yeah, its got me worried, I haven't told my Mom yet...I told her my blood pressure was fine even though its not.  I don't want to worry her, I was so f****** with it.  I knew nothing outta the birth of my son!
sorry I forgot to add this, my blood pressure both times was in the 130's the first time it was 134 at the drs office it was 136.  and the dr said he was gunna take it again before I left but never got a chance too and I don't have an ob yet, waiting on that dr to call me so I can find out who it is...plus get on pg medicade
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers