Pregnancy 18-24 Community
pregnancy after Depo

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

pregnancy after Depo

well i have been off depo 3months no period, also breastfeeding,

anyways for the past 2 week i have been feeling like i was going to get my period, but i havent yet, i also have had lower back pains, queezyness with certin food'/drinks (even water) and i also have milky CM as well, my husband and i had unprotected sex two weeks straight (august 31-september 13) since he is leaving for iraq soon and had to go back to to base until deployment. i took two test which came back not pregnant (september 5) i dont have a period to go by so i dont know when to test again, i was wondering if that could mean im pregnant??

i was only on depo for 2 shots, if that makes a difference on how long it takes to regulate/ovulate
my sister had 2 shots of depo and was trying for 10 months before she conceived her 3rd child, with her first and second she conceived in the first month of trying as she wasn't on depo before.

I was on depo for 2 and a half years and have now been ttc my first child for the past 26 months with no joy, i got my period back for 8 months but it was majorly out of whack when i first came off of depo, it then went mental and i never had a period from July 2008 until oct 2008, eventually went on the bc pill (though i hated every minute of it) from Oct 2008 to Dec 2008 and i have had a regular 28 day cycle since.

I blame the depo 90% of why i haven't conceived, my partner has slow sperm motility though we can still conceive on this it may take a bit longer and we may need help.

If you have just started ttc after coming off of depo i think you may be in for a bit of a wait, i sincerely do not recommend depo as a good for of bc, i hope you get your BFP before your partner goes to Iraq, best of luck
The depo takes anywhere from 6-12 months for a woman to regain fertility. That's for about %85-90 of women, it CAN take 2 years for the remaining women to gain fertility.

I was on depo for about 4 years and got off the shot, my fertility returned rather quickly and I got on Nuvaring for 3 mo. (I got a period the month I was supposed to go for my shot and didn't.)  then off nuvaring and 2 mo later I got preggo w/my suprise baby TJ.

Try using ovulation predictor Kits to see if your ovulating yet. It COULD just be that you are ovulating but missing the egg.
i was on depo for about 10 years and never had a period the whole time i was on it.  i decided to go off it last fall and go on to the pill to try to regulate my body again and prepare to have a baby within a couple of years since i am now 30.  i was waiting to get my period to start my pills, and it had only been a couple monthes, i got one period had sex 2x with BF unprotested, and ended up pregnant!!  i was shocked, though i wanted to regulate to have baby, i hadn't planned on trying for a couple years.  i am due in 2weeks and having a boy.  i thought i would be safe since my system was so messed up for like 10 years, and dr.'s told me i probably wouldn't be able to get pregnant for 6-18 monthes after the shot! surprise surprise. so i think eveeryone is different good luck and keep trying.