Pregnancy 18-24 Community
pregnancy??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

pregnancy??

do the symptoms of pregnancy change each time you get pregnant? i had an abortion at the begining of this month,i was supposed to get my period on the 20th but i didnt come on properly i just bled heavy for a day then spotted the day after. i did 4 tests between the 21st and 25th all came up positive. people told me it could either be pregnancy or just hormones still in my body. the first time i got pregnant it felt like my breasts were on fire and i had brown discharge when i was supposed to come on. this time i have had non of this apart from bleeding then spotting, headaches and feeling sick. so do the symptoms change?... i dont really want to do another hpt this week as i agreed  to do one when my boyfriend gets back of hol if i hadnt come on.
Well the abortion could definitely mess your cycle up but most of the time the pills (or suciton) takes care of all of the material from the pregnancy. Each pregnancy is different. You can wait another week but I think more than likely you are pregnant again. You definitely need to see a doctor and if you don't want to get pregnant then definitely look for a form of birth control because continuous abortions can make you have problems later on when you do want a baby. Good luck.
i had an internal examination after the abortion as well and they said they cleaned all the left over tissue out, if thats what you mean by material? theres no way id have another abortion anyway
It could just be that you have hormones left over from the abortion.  As for your period that may not be normal for a little bit until your body gets back to normal with the hormones.  I would say that if your next test is positive then you should call your GYN doctor and let them know that you are still getting positive pregnancy tests and ask them if they can do some blood work to watch you HCG levels and see if they are going up or down.  Good luck and I hope everything works out ok for you.
why would a bleed for a day when i was supposed to come on though? and spot a bit the day after? this is seriously gettin to me now! lol
I am not sure if it works the same way with abortions since they are induced, but in a natural miscarriage you are more fertile for the first 3 months following the MC. I had a natural MC went on birth control within a week and found out I was pregnant a month later! so you could definitely be pregnant again, Abortions can do a lot of things to your body and your cycle, such as missing a period, but usually  amonth later a pregnancy test would not show up as positive, if they checked afterwards and there was nothing left. and yes the symptoms from on pregnancy to another can be very different and if you are pregnant again the can be different just from recently having an abortion, if you are pregnant see your Dr right away if you are not having an abortion so they can montior the baby and make sure it is doing ok! also like nickieb said if you don't want a baby you might want to try a better form of BC because repeated abortions can have a very bad effect on your body and your future pregnancies, good luck  
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers