Pregnancy 18-24 Community
pregnant and 2 flinstone vitamins daily. Isnt that too much iron and vi...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

pregnant and 2 flinstone vitamins daily. Isnt that too much iron and vitamin A??? On top of food.

People and doctors have said to take 2 flinstone vitamins a day or at once instead of taking prenatal vitamins (for those who have problems taking them) I was wondering, would that be too much iron on top of 1 or 2 bowels of cereal that are full of nutrients and other meats i might eat? They say its safe. But 2 flinstones are 30mg of Iron 5,000IU vitamin A ect.. Is that safe? My mother said not all the vitamins absorb. It does have beta carotene which i hear aids in absorbing the amount of vitamins you need. Im just afraid to take 2 and then eat meats and or ceral on top of that. I know Vitamin A is not good for the baby. Please help me with some adive. Thanks... ive been searching and cant find the answers im looking for.
You need more vitamins when you are pregnant. Lots of people have done the flintstone vitamin thing (me included the first trimester since my prenatal made me sick) and nothing bad has happened to their babies. You doctor wouldn't recommend it if he thought that it could hurt either you or the baby.
It is perfectly safe.  You have to think you're takeing in vitimens for you and your baby.  With my pregnancies I took two flinstone vitimans and ate like crazy and i had healthy babies.  Now with this pregnancy my doctor said that i could take flinstones but shed rather me take their chewable ones because they have more vitimans that i need.  So techinacally the ones that i take have more vitimans than flinstones.  So don't worry at all they are perfectly fine.  Everyone hats swallowing them horse pills lol they leave a nasty taste in you throught when they get stuck.
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers