Pregnancy 18-24 Community
pregnant and angry??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

pregnant and angry??

I'm about 9 1/2 weeks and I'm wondering if it is normal to be so angry. I am happy about the baby. I just get extremely frustrated and annoyed at various things throughout the day (mainly my BF lol) and its really not any fun. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I wish I would cry instead of get angry. I'm afraid its hurting the baby because my heart races and my whole body seems tense. I try to relax and tell myself I'm being irrational and it helps some but I would like the anger inside to go away.

thanks for reading.
I'll be drinking water, trying to dilute my hormones!
if that's not your 'norm' then it's the hormones!  as long as you realize you're being irrational when it happens.....just cont. to do what you've been doing by trying to calm yourelf....i believe that it will subside about 1/2 thru, although i've never completed a pregnancy....i've read alot on it (books, online, etc.)  good luck..you'll be OK!
Ahhhh... pregnancy hormones. Gotta love 'em! Not! You should read Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy. She has got some hilarious stories about anger and pregnancy.

You will probably get irrationally crazy sometimes, and it's okay if you remember to apologize later!!! :)
haha thanks so much. 12 weeks isnt too far away. Sometimes I think I'll fall off the deep end
I used to be so bad in early pregnancy. I remember one time I went to bed and woke up like 2 hours later and my boyfriend was still up watching tv so I decided that I was going to get up and politely ask him to come to bed. Sadly it didn't end like that it was like as soon as I got in the living room my evil side took over I ended up going over to the tv and turning it off and then kicking it. Then I walked back into our bedroom slammed the door and got back into bed all without a word. Yeah... it gets bad sometimes but its all just hormones!
OMG! I was trying to think of a story that would make you fall off your chair. And I've got one! When I was pregnant with #2, I still kept a baby monitor on in my toddler's room. The monitor was on DH's side of the bed and he would turn it down or off sometimes in the middle of the night because it buzzed.

Well one morning I heard my baby crying far away and woke up, realizing it was my daughter, scared in her room. I hadn't heard her!!! So I practically body-slammed DH with this huge baby belly trying to get to the monitor to see if I had forgot to turn it on... he had TURNED IT DOWN! I elbowed him really hard and screamed, "Don't you dare turn that ******* thing off again! Do you hear me?!" I was so mad that I didn't hear my daughter, it was the protective instinct raging in me!

I'm a Christian woman and I don't cuss. I think I shocked the pants right off of him!!! I think I scared him, too. But to this day, he still teases me about it and will tell perfectly good strangers that story at the dinner table (like at a meeting or something).

My husband should write a book on the things I did while pregnant. He makes me laugh so hard I can't breath and I have tears running down my cheeks... and he's making fun of ME! Ha ha ha!
I've done that... dozens of times. Or I'll think, "I'm going to go downstairs and be all sweet and do this-n-that..." and then it turns out into a full blown argument and we hurt each others' feelings. Yeah... it sucks, but making up is always better.
Oh... I guess I ought to comment on your question about whether it'll harm the baby. It really won't affect the baby. I am a very angry pregnant woman and both of my daughters are the sweetest, most well-behaved children you'd meet. They don't have health issues. I think the rise in blood pressure might harm YOU, but not your baby unless your case is so extreme you have to be medicated.

Which I don't think yours is. You just sound like a normal pregnant woman. Enjoy the pregnancy!
My kids and my H probably think I'm the worlds biggest B!tch right now :).  I can be ready to rip someones head off one minute and want to hug them to death the next.  Talk about an emotional roller coaster ride.
I'm no expert, but you sound like a regular pregnant woman to me.  I get pretty angry too.  My DH is a pretty calm, mellow guy and he doesn't yell back and that just pisses me off even more and makes me yell louder.  I also cry about every little thing.  It's so annoying!
hahha i wish one of you lived close enough so that we could meet and vent and laugh. I'm in Northern Michigan...
I'm pregnant again & this time is BAD. I feel horrible...little things are making me feel like I might explode! My AC has a reset when it thinks the filter needs to be cleaned & it keeps going off even though I've supposedly reset it about 20 times today..I want to shove the darn thing out of my window! My ex-husband said some rude things to our son over the weekend about my BF. I was already mad about him in the first place & now, I'm so angry, I'm speechless (almost). My BF has been trying to be understanding about stuff, but I think I'm wearing on his patience...and that makes me feel worse (but at least its not anger, just sad that I'm being such an ***, no matter what the reason is) And I'm only 9 1/2 weeks! I can't wait to see what the next 6 1/2 months are going to be like...
Just wanted to vent a little. Good Luck to all & Thanks!
Thank you all I feel a bit better. For a few weeks I felt so scared and alone. I get so angry at my husband. While he sleeps I lay awake thinking of every single little mistake he has ever done. He has no clue why I won't kiss him goodbye or text him back. I want him in pain. I do love him. I hope I dont push him away and I get back to normal soon.
ive had a suuuuper easy pregnancy compared to alot of my friends, as far as morning sickness and raging hormones and im usually a very happy, go lucky person that usually always laughing and upbeat but even i want to stab someone in the eye with the dullest pencil i can find sometimes. im sure its normal. i wouldnt worry about it. i just sincerely apologize to my (super understanding) husband afterwards and alls good.
I am 10 weeks and I'm always hungry and angery. I yell and get upset with my spouse and I know he doesn't deserve it. He's so good to me even though I make him cry. I feel terrible for making him sad, but it feels so good to watch him fall when I get in my moods. I know its evil but I don't know how to stop the mood swings. Should I tell him I need space because I know no matter what terrible things I say or do to him he will never leave me. I really think its just first trimester adjustments. Please help!
I was the same way getting pissy or extreamly irritated for no reason and the bad part was i knew i shouldnt have been saying the thing i was when i said them. My boyfriend always ignored me when i started acting pissy. But eventually the angryness and irritablity has went away some. Now its more of a frustration then anything. Your hormones are just being wonky