Pregnancy 18-24 Community
question for those moms that you bf or bd is a first time dad

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

When he was with you and felt baby kick for first time what was his reaction? Cuz my bf felt our son for first time he's a ftd and he said it was weird and he'd never touch my stomach again? That he shouldn't kick him. I told him he's your son he wanted to let you know he's there and he said so lol .
My bd was super exited, immediately texted his.family and let them know... Over time though his excitement has faded
When I was pregnant with our first child my boyfriend was super excited. When he finally got to feel her move he never wanted to leave my belly alone. If i was taking a shower he'll reach in just to touch it. Lol
my husband wasnt all that excited either. he's a ftd as well.
My bf who is a ftd wont leave my belly alone he talks 2 it all day & kisses it & wants 2 know when hes kicking sometimes its 2 much because im selfish & want my belly all 2 myself sometimes lol but if he wasnt like that I probably be upset but every guy is different & adjusts 2 fatherhood differently
My b.f is not a FTD.. but he enjoys every moment of my pregnancy I'm onli 7 weeks so no kicking or movement yet.. but he always hold n rubs my belly even thou its no baby bump n sight. Lol.. your b d may jus b a little nervous about bring a FTD...I think the men should enjoy it more its the bonding time with baby n daddy..he will come along n see its a beautiful thing
Mines obsessed w my belly. Talking to him and constantly has his hand on my belly. Which i love but hes also the type of guy whos nervous to have sex this late in pregnancy (im due in2 days) bc he doesnt want to hurt the baby lol
My BD is a ftm dad, and he likes to feel it now and again, but didn't get the same really excited way that I did when I first felt it, although if we were cuddling in bed he used to laugh when baby kicked him as he ws so close to me lol.   Then it got to the point that we could see it move about so he didnt need to feel it lol.   Now that I;m 40+2, theres not much room for baby to move about so BD presses on my tummy to stimulate baby into moving for me so that we are reassured all is ok lol x
When my boyfriend first felt our son In my tummy, he freaked out and told me It was weird, lol. And when he would see my tummy move he thought that was weird too and gross lookin'. Made me mad he was callin' our son weird and gross! But that's juss how some guys are.
My boyfriend who is a ftd, loved it! He was just so fascinated when he felt our first child kick for the first time :) he always touches my belly & kisses it. Plus our unborn loves his daddy's voice! Every time he hears his daddy's voice, he goes insane lol
Lol he thinks it's weird but still talks to him lol but calls him it
When my boyfriend felt his monkey move for the first time he gasped and was like that's so cool! Now he gives baby girl "fist bumps" lol
That's kinda messed up!! Maybe he was jus surprised or something. My bf eyes lit up and was so excited!! He Luvs wen our daughter kicks him
Lol well Anthony said Xander shouldn't kick him cuz he's the daddy lol
It's not messed up he's a ftd never felt a baby  kick before guys r  diff :'(
My husband was not that excited for those first kicks. It made me really sad because I cried the first time I felt it lol I wanted him to think it was incredible too. I talked to him about it, he said he was more excited for her to get here and that it didn't feel the same because I got to feel everything and he just wanted to be able to hold her and everything. But now that her little kicks have turned into karate chops and you can feel her rolling around, he's come around. He talks to her and is amazed by what she does in there lol
My husband was not excited with the first but we were both young. I was 17 and he is 8 years older than me. But he loves our babies all the same. We were pregnant last year with #2 and he was super excited and always felt the belly and talked to her. Now we are expecting #3 and he is super excited once again! :) I guess he just needed to figure out the whole parenting thng first? Lol I'm not sure. But I'm sure your bf wasn't really freaked out he was probably just teasing
My bby daddy loved rubbing and talking to my tummy all the time and with this one hes the same way and as excited he always talks to her and tells my 23 mnty old that his sister is in there so she will strt singing the rio song to my belly its so cute
*her sis lol
My BD is a first time Dad and Although neither one of us have felt him kick or move yet every Time we see the baby at the doctors he gets excited again like it's the first time everytime, he also every now and then rests his head on my stomach to "hear" the baby lol he says he heard him moving around. But he doesn't touch my stomach all the time or as often as I was Hoping he would. However my Baby is Already a Daddy's boy I can try everything to calm stomach pain when the baby moves and it's uncomfortable for me but the pain persists until Daddy comes and puts his hand on my belly, the pain just stops. I think that's the babys way of getting Daddys attention and it works.