Pregnancy 18-24 Community
severe diarrhea 28 weeks pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

severe diarrhea 28 weeks pregnant

I am currently 28 weeks pregnant and woke up yesterday not feeling the best. I wasnt hungry so I didnt eat breakfast. I did have very watery diarrhea. I kept burping as well. Thoughout the day I had toast a few times but nothing else. I kept burping and having to use the washroom. I was up 3 times in the night going to the bathroom too. This morning I ate a bowl of cereal and like 10 minutes later had to use the washroom, and it was alot and again very very watery.
I am kinda concerned b/c of being pregnant. I dont feel sick really, other than occasional cramps in the bowel. I do keep burping which seems strange, usually if I have the burps like this it comes before the throwing up.
I had a sandwhich with lunch meat the other day and am worried I got listeriociss. I know it sounds crazy but this diarrhea is known stop. Everytime I eat it comes. Its almost like when you cant keep anything down, but in my case I cant keep anything in.
anyone had this and should I go see my Dr?
well im not sure where you are located, but here in the states there is something called the "24hr stomach virus" and it is very common around this time of year.. i just had it this weekend... and had had it back in december as well... it is basically a bening virus that basically cleans your insides lol... it brings everything out!! both ways... if this is what you have you are lucky you only have diarrhea, when i had it the first time i called the doctor as i was out of town and couldnt go see him, and he said take immodium to stop the diarrhea, keep on taking the zofran (med i take for morning sickness) for the vomiting and nausea, and keep hydrated... (gatorade or pedialite)...

As long as you dont feel like there is anything else wrong i think you should be fine, but if you feel like this is going on for over 24 hrs i would def go see ur doc...
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers