Pregnancy 18-24 Community
sick

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

sick

how long r u supposed to have morning sickness because i will be 19 weeks tomorrow and i still get sick in the morning and sometimes in the middle of the day and im tired of it ugh i hate that feeling other than that i feel fine
Hi There-

I am just 11 weeks with twins and it is starting to get a touch better, but I still gag in the morning and feel lousy at night. I have been on Zofran since week 6 and it has saved my life! Without the Zofran I would not be able to function. If you can deal with the sickness then go with it, but if you can't ask about Zofran. It is safe and VERY effective. I'm not going to tell you to eat saltines and drink gingerale because let's face it- that doesn't really work!!!

Hang in there!!
It's all on you. Everyone experiences it differently. With my first pregnancy, I was sick the ENTIRE time, and even a week after his birth. With this pregnancy (currently 15 weeks), I was going through the same thing, only the sickness had gotten much worse (fainting, throwing up before and after every meal, etc), so I started taking medications for it. Like what CarlaLP said, if you can handle it, go for it, if not, don't hesitate to ask a doctor for a little something, there is no shame in it. Good luck!
My best friend was sick throughout her entire pregnancy. The doc gave her meds for it, but she would still get sick (just not as often). One tip she gave me was to suck on peppermints. She said that helped calm her stomach sometimes. But I have to admit, it did nothing for my nausea.
With my son I was sick til i passed the 5 month mark and it didn't go completely away til 6 months. I hope this one is better but I still throw up every morning and get sick throughout the day and am just barely 17 wks. I know it can be really frustrating but they say everyone and every pregnancy is different. Hope you feel better soon. I do take zofran in the mornings to keep my breakfast down and it helps some.
Each pregnancy is different.  As others have said, it could last the entire pregnancy, or finally let up at some point.  Personally, I wasn't as sick w/my son...and got over the sickness part by week 16 (still had heartburn the entire time).  With this pregnancy, currently 18 1/2 weeks pregnant with a girl, I finally got over being nauseated, which started before I even took the pregnancy test, at around week 13-14.  I also vomited a lot more with this one.  I hope you get better soon!  I also have heard that chewing gum helps, too.  I tried it and it seemed to help a little, or maybe it was all in my mind.  I also sucked on lollipops in between meals, and it helped a little, too.  If nothing else, get the medication, because I know that has helped many people!  Best of luck to you!
i wish i could tell you it will stop at a certain time during pregnancy, but... i am now 35 weeks along and set up for induction in 3 weeks and i still get nausea and have been on zofran since week 12 (i was decided to not take any meds before then but having lost 15 lbs kind of made me give in to them)... i would def talk to your doctor about it.. it really is a life saver... hope you feel better soon!!
With my first 2 I was nauseous and throwing up until 20-22 weeks. It's a miserable feeling. I had a little break and then around 30-32 weeks I got horrible acid reflux and could barely eat or sleep at night. This time around I am 15 weeks and I am still throwing up several times a day and nauseous 24/7. I am hoping it goes away soon, but it doesn't seem like it will. The only relief I truly get is once I give birth! :P Hang in there! It won't last forever. I wish I had some tips to help calm the nausea, but nothing really works for me.
I had severe hyperemesis throughout my pregnancy. I even continued to have episodes until a week ago and we are now 5w pp.
thanks everyone for your input i have a doctors appt. on monday so ill talk to her about it. with my daughter my sickeness was gone by the 12th week and im pregnant now with another lil girl and im 19 weeks and still get sick every morning ugh i hate it but i thank you for all your input at least i know im not the only one.:)