Pregnancy 18-24 Community
slimy discharge with cramping...need advice!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

I had found out that i was Pregnant on the 4th of October. I took a few home pregnancy tests. My last missed period at this time was on Aug. 22nd. On Sept 22, i had one day of bleeding. Since around the 22nd, i started getting bad cramping which is common in early pregnancy as ive already had 2 children.
Then on october 12th, I started to bleed. I went up the the hospital to find out what was going on..they gave me a blood test and told me that i was no longer pregnant. The blood was very different..watery, red, brown, black as well as chunks but not big chunks. I am still getting back cramps and still feeling very pregnant...which is also fallowed by very slimy, white discharge that looks like a mucous plug but ive been getting it quite often in the past month. i have never experience a miscarriage before so i dont know what to expect. I dont understand why ive been getting the constant cramping along with this discharge.

Does anyone have any advice?
Thanks,
Leslie
sorry..i wrote "back Cramps" i ment Bad cramps.
I had a miscarriage several years ago and I was only 19, but I do remember that it was VERY, VERY painful and I bled SO much. Here's TMI, but everytime I put a tampon in, it would be soaked immediately and blood would gush out. A few hours later, I passed an extremely large mass (softball sized, at least). I didn't even realize I was pregnant because I had my son about 6 months before that and thought that I just hadnt started my period yet. As I said, I was very young and didnt know any better. If they did a blood test at the hospital and told you that you were no longer pregnant, it means that they didnt detect any pregnancy hormone, I am assuming. I am sorry I'm not more help, I can only tell you what I have been through. Good luck and I hope things work out for you.
Thanks..i didnt have that much blood at all...it was different, with looks and tecture. I was told that they have two different kinds of blood tests that they do at the hospital..one is just a straight forward -yes/no test and the other one  measures the HCG in your body...i dont know which one was given.
I would recommend going to your OB to get a confirmed report from him/her. I work in a hospital and see a lot of misdiagnosed things, always trust yourself if you are second guessing the results...never hurts to get a second opinion, you need closure if it was a miscarriage. Good Luck.
thank you =)