Pregnancy 18-24 Community
something doesnt feel right!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

something doesnt feel right!

I found out last week that I am 5 weeks pregnant which today, i assume im at 6 weeks now ... i had started feeling symptoms, really sick in the morning, nausiated, tired ... i was feeling a lot of anxiety as well which my dr was saying is possibly pre-partum. So she gave me pregnancy safe anxiety medication. ever since i started taking it (2 days ago) most of the symptoms are gone, except i feel real moody, tired and warm (no fever) ... i haven't felt morning sickness in 2 days, I guess my breasts are semi sore (uncomfortable to the touch) .. but the worst part of it all, i feel normal, i dont feel pregnant anymore and im wondering, is it possible for an anxiety medication to take away these symptoms or is it really possible i could be having a missed miscariage?? :'( I don't see the Dr till friday, which is my first apt.
usually if you miscarry you would have bleeding and cramps. I am not sure about the medication, best to ask your DR. I can say that I am prego with #2 and I really dont feel like I have symptoms this time so maybe its just that?
I definately know what you mean when you say something doesn't feel right.  With my son I miscarried from day dot I just never felt right.  I kept telling my friends and husband I thought there was something wrong and at 14 weeks it was a reality.  It's funny how as each week passed I thought I was just being silly until I had pink discharge and then it was over the next day.

I am now 10 weeks pregnant one cycle after my miscarriage.  I do feel a bit different this time but around 6 weeks I had panic attacks continuously for about 3 days straight.  It was such a horrible place to be in.  I didn't have any nausea, vomitting and I didn't feel pregnant.  I was convinced I had lost my baby and prepared myself for the worse at my 7 week 6 day scan.  

When we had the scan I asked the sonographer if the baby was alive and he said the baby was.  That made me feel a lot better.  I started feeling a bit more comfortable and have now come to the understanding that a miscarriage is something I can't control and that I just need to cherish every moment I am pregnant.

My son passed at 11 weeks and I didn't know till 14 weeks.  I am now 10 weeks and I am petrified that my baby isn't going to make it but I am just staying positive and that is was you need to do.  I think if you are worried then you should ask for a scan.  My doctor gave me a 7 week scan and a 12 week scan to use when I wish.

I hope everything works out ok.  I forgot to mention my ultrasound came back as 7 weeks 1 day rather than 7 weeks 6 days.  I started getting very nautious and vomitting when I was almost 8 weeks.  I am still throwing up, tired and have sore boobs.  I think you might just be lucky that your symptoms have slowed down

Good luck
Its quite normal to feel that you are not pregnant. It is quite unbelievable to finally believe that you are pregnant. Try to avoid thinking about the symptoms it will really confuse you. Relax nothing is going wrong..