Pregnancy 18-24 Community
spotting before period... on the pill

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

spotting before period... on the pill

I am currently taking Lutera.. I have not missed a pill for more than a couple of hours and I have been taking b.c for months now. I started pink spotting 4 days before I started the placebo pills. The pink spotting got darker as the day went on like I was actually going to start my period then it just stopped, same thing happened the next day.  Then nothing happened for a few days then when I was suppose to start my period I started spotting throughout the day it seemed a little normal for maybe an hour then spotting again then nothing--  its now been 3 days of nothing, Since I have been on the pill I have been getting my period for 6 days. So this is a little out of the normal. So my question is should I be worried that I am pregnant?
When I was on the pill the Dr said that any bleeding while on the pill was a good indicator that you were not pregnant.  

You may want to take a HPT tomorrow morning just to rule it out, so you feel more comfortable.
I am currently taking Lutera.. I have not missed a pill for more than a couple of hours and I have been taking b.c for months now. I started pink spottingVaginal bleeding between periods 4 days before I started the placebo pills. The pink spottingVaginal bleeding between periods got darker as the day went on like I was actually going to start my period then it just stopped, same thing happened the next day.  Then nothing happened for a few days then when I was suppose to start my period I started spottingVaginal bleeding between periods throughout the day it seemed a little normal for maybe an hour then spottingVaginal bleeding between periods again then nothing--  its now been 3 days of nothing, Since I have been on the pill I have been getting my period for 6 days. So this is a little out of the normal. So my question is should I be worried that I am pregnant?
I got preggo on the pill......I didn't find out until I missed my second period because I had the same experience as you. I thought I had my period in Oct 07, but it wasn't. Nov 7 I took a HPT and it was positive. I got pregnant in Sept. You should definately test. The pill is only 95% effective. I guess I fell through the cracks on that one....lol
Oooooooops! Sorry.......Didn't realize thius was an old post...........How do these OLD posts keep popping up?