Pregnancy 18-24 Community
still confused ands slowly giving up hope

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

i went tuesday for another sono  this time around the  tech was having hard time finding sac  but she did say my uterus was tilted but when she did see sac she estimated i was 5 half weeks  last sono was 4 weeks and sac measured and 4 in half  this week sac was  5 in half but she still was not seeing heart beat or anything so she did a pelvic  and seen better view of sac but she did say nothing in it and noim  heart beat so considerd a blighton ovam but she still thought possibly to early so i spoke wth dr and had me go for blood work to check levels and see what was going on  i  got results  today and showed my levels went up but not as much as expected went from 12000 to 17000 in a 6 day span  which should have trippled  i have sono again tuesday to see if anything changes  im still so nervous on what im going to hear  it confuses me beacause sac growing and levels somewhat rising but nothing in sac  right now   im  also  confused because my last period was  sept 21 on or about and i conceived defintely on oct 12th which would make me about 10 weeks   but sons shows  5 in half so im so confused and trying not to give up hope but is there  my dr does not want to do anything yet and whats more confusing im not spotting bleeding maybe cramps here and there like period cramps  so has anyone else been threw this and is there hope because iam on a emotinal rollercoaster and i just want to know either way good or bad  so i can move on   thank  u i hope i hear back  
this is always a hard time, its the uncertainty of it all, I think once we know either way, then we can get my head around it easier. It does sound to me like its a blighted ovum, and that would explain why the sack is still growing as thats what happens , it can even develop a placenta, and continue to grow for abit before your body realises that no baby has formed... I have just been through this... anyway I think that your doctor is doing the right thing by being caucious, , I didnt have any bleeding for about 2 weeks, then everything happened, but my hcg levels were dropping so I knew that it wasnt viable, the last scan I had showed nothing in my uterus and then the next day I started bleeding... hope this has helped some what
thank you it is confusing when levels  rise  always have hope  but i have to wait in out until  tuesday for the sono again  im not bleeding or anything but i guess it would be a matter of time  i just dont know what to feel anymore  i  just want something to happen at this point im on such an emotional roller coaster  but then i hear other stories with the same thing and good came out of it  so who know  im  sorry this happen to you but thank you for sharing   thank  again and good luck to  you