Pregnancy 18-24 Community
stopping THC use @ 23 weeks...baby positive?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

I quit smoking weed at 23 weeks pregnant....In fact, I wasn't even smoking the entire time...I just actually slipped up and smoked a couple times at around 20-22 weeks pregnant. I then immediately quit again. My question is...If I completely stopped at 23 weeks (never to pick it up again), will the baby test negative on a blood test? From what I have researched, I believe that the baby should test negative at birth....But I would like to get some feedback from someone who many know more about this topic....

Please let me know....
Why quit at 23 weeks? Why didnt you quit the day you found out you were pregnant? Sorry if i sound harsh but think it disgusting pregnant women smoking cigarettes let alone weed. You said you slipped up a couple of times, well to me slipping up is when you eat something like a runny egg when you forgot you weren't aloud to when pregnant. I hope you baby is well and healthy and comes out just fine!
It's better to quit now than NOT at all! I am sure your baby will be just fine. Congrats on quitting. Good luck to you and your baby!!
I'm not sure what to tell you but that I know a few women that have smoked pot on several occasions while pregnant.

I will say that you'd better not let it happen again because ppl say that there's nothing in pot that's of any harm to you, but if there's nothing in it, then WHY does it get you high??
One joint equals up to 3+ cigarettes depending on how big it is.

I smoke and I'm asshamed for it.
I understand it's hard to quit something you like. Atleast you've been able to quit. I haven't yet.
I've tried and tried but my environment where everyone in my house uses tobacco products, and alot of stress, makes it hard to give up the only way you know how to deal with stress.
Thankfully though I'll be in the hospital for ATLEAST 2 days when I have this baby, and so I won't be able to smoke. So that's 2 days already handed to me without a cigarette, and it'd be stupid to start back up.

I'm sure your baby will be fine.
My mother did CRACK while she was pregnant with me and I'm pretty normal I guess.
I have a few issues, just like the next guy, but I'm fine.
Women have done worse than you. Don't stress it. Just don't do it again.
=]
to the first person that replied...I meant slipped up as in I smoked like 2 bowls at 20 weeks because I had horrible morning sickness. I had done research online and discovered that MANY women have used THC as a form for aid through serious HG. I completely quit when I found out I was pregnant...but at 20 weeks when I was still not gaining any weight due to severe HG, I decided to smoke 2 bowls. I don't smoke ciggarettes...I don't drink....and I don't even smoke pot anymore...I am now 37 weeks pregnant....and I haven't smoked any since the one time I did at 20 weeks...

I was just asking if everyone thought my baby would be able to pass the blood test by the time I have her....I believe she will because I didn't smoke much at all....and I hadn't smoked in the beginning and I stopped when I did at 20 weeks...but I tried for years to have this baby and I don't want anything to go wrong...so I was just seeing if anyone had any experience on this topic and if anyone could let me know what their thoughts were and if they thought my baby would test negative by delivery in 3 weeks.
Hi I would think you'd be fine.  I'm no expert on pot but isn't it 30 days for it to get out of your system?  I've know people who've passed drug tests for jobs and they smoked it a week earlier.  I doubt the amount that you had in your system was near the same amount that was in your babies.  Conrats on being so close to holding your precious angel!
yes, that is what i thought as well! I just had been trying for this baby for so long, that it would be awful for something to happen. And yes, I know I shouldn't have done it, I realize that...but I haven't done it since, and I regret it everyday..So I don't need the negative feedback..I just want to make sure I will bea able to bring my baby home from the hospital with no problems...and to make sure she will test negative if they were to blood test her...I think she would, but I had heard someone else say that it takes longer for THC to clear out of the baby's system than it does the mother's, which is why I have been worried. But I thinkkkk 20 weeks should be enough time
ok
so i smoked all the way thru my preg till i reached 24 weeks and my baby tested positive.. i had to deal with the welfare and alot of **** i also had to do random drug testing. they can take the baby away if you dont stop once the baby is born. i know it is hard. but after the bs was over i went back to smoking and then 6 yrs latter and i am prego again. i found out and i stopped right away. there is nothing in the world worth the hell i went thru with the welfare department. im not saying this will happen to you but you should not gamble it. i understand the morning sickness and i also know that the doctors can give you something for this.
you will be able to bring her home. they will just be on you for awhile. just dont do it again and i think you will be alright. but girl let me tell you. if she does test postive that is a mistake you will never make again should you gt prego again.

im not trying to scare you but i dont want to snow blow you either. its not a good thing
I am a registered nurse and have worked in labor and delivery for a short time (decided I couldnt deal with the still births or drug addicted babies....it broke my heart) But here is the truth.....they do not do blood test to test for blood in babies they check the first stool the baby passes. Any drug done throughout pregnancy will show up no matter how early in the pregnancy. Most women on medicaid that deliver a baby will automatically be tested....thats the government for you. For other women the baby will only be tested if the mother is suspected to be on drugs or if the baby is born with withdrawal symptoms or a defect. As far as its effects on the baby I am sure the baby will be fine. There have been no studies done that marijauana has any negative affects on a baby. However if the baby tests positive your will have problems with protective services. So definately make sure you will test negative when you deliver. I strongly reccoment not smoking any more. Hope this helps and good luck with the new baby!!
I have read that there is no scientific evidence that links thc with harm to fetus.  I think it may cause low birthweight.  However, I wouldn't take any chances when it comes to the baby.  I don't think they test newborns unless there is a suspected reason to.

attn all ladies....  Lets try to be supportive and not judge.  This woman came with a question.  Lets offer the best advise without yelling.  What is common knowledge to some may not be common knowledge to others.
Hmm yeah, I understand. I didn't smoke at all when I first found out I was pregnant. The ONLY time I smoked was around 20 weeks, and it was only a little bit. maybe a total of 2 joints. I have tried researching it...and I have seen that most people say the baby should not test positive by then...I know many women that smoked right up until 2 months before delivery, and they went right home with their babies...and DSS wasn't even involved at all...

I think I should be okay....but I just want to make sure I get to go home with my baby. I have not smoked past that...I think some of the people posting are a little confused....I didn't smoke AT ALL in the beginning of my pregnany...and I only smoked the one time at 20 weeks, and then I immediately panicked and realized something could go wrong, so I have not smoked AT ALL since then...I think the baby should be okay...

As for the woman who posted about the meconium...I have also read that that should be fine as well because the meconium doesn't start producing until somewhere around 24-26 weeks I believe? The hospital here BLOOD tests the babies...therefore I was just trying to figure out if her BLOOD would test positive. I don't think it will, But it's hard to find anything on this subject...it says the mother should not test positive, but it doesn't say much about the baby.

I am just so panicked, I want this baby more than anything, and I don't want to come home empty handed when I just smoked one time in my pregnancy, I can safely say I will never smoke again...it's not worth it...
**Update** I have actually found information online from other women that have gone through this...because of the amount that I smoked, my baby should test negative on a blood test....I also hadn't smoked before that, and so only the one time use at 20 weeks...everything should be fine. I now am resting a bit more at ease seeing that. One woman said she smoked up until 30 weeks here and there, they drug tested both her and the baby, and her baby was negative with no problems.

I have been beating myself up about it since the day I smoked and I just pray that I get to bring my baby girl home from the hospital :) thanks for everyones help, and like i said, if anyone else has any experience on this...feel free to post...but if you are going to post to be hateful or tell me that I am a horrible person, then please just moveon. I already know I made a mistake and that is why I didn't do it again after that, thankkks!
It may be true the blood test will be negative but like I said before most hospitals dont test the blood usually they test the meconium and it will come up positive. I have seen it happen many times. Not sure what research your doing but it is inaccurate. My sister quit smoking the day she found out she was pregnant....she was 8 weeks...the baby tested positive at birth. The baby will be fine I am sure of it. Even if the baby tests positive as long as you test negative there shouldnt be a problem. Besides they shouldnt be testing for drugs unless they have a reason to or if you are on government assistance. Try not to stress about it....to much stress isnt good. You'll be holding your beautiful baby soon enough. Best of wishes.
Did a little more research for you to ease your mind further.... meconium begins formation at 12-16 weeks. The reason the meconium test may come out positive if marijuana is smoked before that is because it is excreted in the baby's urine which is mostly what amniotic fluid is and the baby ingests this fluid and it may pass into the meconium. For this reason it is usually a very small amount they will find and they usually do not report it because they will know the drug was only used in the first trimester. Any time after 12-16 weeks the amount detected will be greater depending on how much you smoked. You smoked a very small amount so there would only be a small amount in the meconium. My sister didnt have any problems the social worker did come and talk to her and they ran a drug test on her that came back negative and nothing was done. She went home with my perfectly healthy nephew. If they only test the blood your in luck because it will only show up in the babys blood as long as it is in your blood.....30 days or less. The babys blood will only detect drugs done within the last 30 days of pregnancy depending on the drug (ex: cocaine only shows up in the blood for 3 days). So see your perfectly fine.
Unless the hospital or dr. has a reason to test (suspected drug use) it isn't standard procedure.
Well actually...a part of the reason I have been a bit worried...is because my mom is the head of the nursery at the hospital I am delivering at...Therefore...I know how they do the drug testing on the babies. They do a BLOOD test on all of the babies no matter what....so my research is not inaccurate at all. I have first hand knowledge seeing as my mother works IN the nursery. Which is part of the reason I was worried because if anything was to show up, it would make my mother look horrible...not to mention it was only a one time thing and I have beaten myself up over it ever since. YES they do test the meconium on certain babies...but that is only if they have reason to, like you said. They don't have reason to test my baby's so I should be fine. Which is why I was asking about the blood test...because I do know that it is standard procedure to do blood tests.

Anyways, Thank you so much ladies for all your help! I should have my beautiful baby girl here within the next 2-3 weeks...and I will definitely come back and let you know how everything works out...Im sure I will be fine, as will my baby.
Depending on how frequent the person uses, for a single use weed takes from 4-10 days to show negative in a blood test, if the person smokes repeately then it doubles the halflife of weed.

Eventually it will max out at about 42 days from what I've read, meaning it would take about 42 days at most after you last smoke to get a negative test. This is just going off stuff I've read but I am no doctor.

sprarah is right, even if baby tests positive (muconium (sp?) )  they will talk to you and retest you and baby with blood tests and as long as it's negative you'll both be fine.
thank you guys so much. I just didn't want to not be able to bring my baby home due to ONE time of use. I just didn't know what to do and I had heard from so many women that there are actually no known affects on the fetus from marijuana use during pregnancy, and the severe HG made it so I couldn't do anything...I couldn't even get out of bed. I was barely a weed smoker even before I got pregnant. But at 20 weeks I just didn't know what else to do so I said **** it...I will smoke ONE joint. I have seen so many women smoke throughout their entire pregnancy and all have beautiful healthy babies, so I figured one time wouldn't hurt..

But, I am also the paranoid type, so as SOON as I smoked it, I felt absolutely down right horrible about it. I have also heard that even if it was to test positive (which I know the blood test won't be positive), that I would STILL probably be able to bring baby home because I have no prior history with DSS. This is my first baby. But I think Iam honestly just stressing out about it wayyyy too much. I'm almost positive I will be able to bring my baby home, and now that I know the blood tests will come back negative I have even more help! thank you so much for all your advice...and women, feel free to keep posting ifyou have had a similiar situation..I love seeing what everyone has to say about it...

I am now 37 weeks as of this last friday...I don't have too m uch longer to go! I am 1 centimeter dilated (which isn't much...but hey, it's progress!) so I think the closer I get to labor, the more i started to panic about whether or not I would be able to bring my daughter home...now i have a peace of mind :) !
I have just recently went through this and I smoked at the begining didnt know I was pregnant till three moths had a few other health issues and was throwing up the whole time(even through my pregnancy).  I lost a lot of wieght while pregnant like 25 pounds I am only 150 naturally and I had my baby test postive. They tested him because he had a low blood sugar it is awful and I am fighting state services right now. How can I be punished for something I didnt even know. I never had a regular period and I took a few home tests and they were negative.  I found out I was pregnant by getting a pap smear. I have a very healthy baby and my doctor is even helping me fight my case. I wish the best of luck to you and your beautiful baby.  

And to let everyone know 30 days is for someone that doesnt smoke hardly ever and babies have no way to get rid of the waste.
I've had a hard pregnance and am dissapointed to say i just quit smoking yesterday.. the only way i could keep anything down or gain any weight was smoking ..i tried everyhing the doctors told me for nausea ..and it never worked ..im 34weeks on saturday and was wondering if i should be worried to lose my baby girl :( .... like if she does test possitive for weed ??? and i married to what if my husband does it should he get clean too ?? what all will they do at the hospital if ur babies possitive and you want ur baby ?? they dont take them away at all do they ??? i want to know details please cuz im stressed and worried and do they come to ur house and search it or anything ?? and im not on medicare but i do have wic so does that mean they will blood test and if so is there any way for me to safley get clean before my daughter arrives ... plzzz let me know thank u!!
I have a question. I am sort of in the same boat. I have not smoked up until I turned 14 weeks prego (due to puking, throw-ups, etc etc). I smoked for like 2 weeks and stopped. My doctor appt was up, and when I went, to my surprise, I thought it would be a normal routing appt, turns out, doctor did a blood test right on the spot. I just got 3 calls fromt the doctor stating that I need to call back. When I did, they want to see me right away because of the blood work. When I asked what was wrong, they refused to tell me anything and that I have to come in. I am most positive that it was that the THC came up. In this case, I am not near birth, and since I didn't smoke alot (only 2 weeks) and currently I am 16 weeks, I know my baby and I will be completely clean by the time I give birth. My question really is, if the doctor determines drugs in your system so early, is he obligated to report it? or is it against the law for the doctor to share confidential information? If the doctor is not happy about it, can he/she just ask you to get another doctor if they do not want to service you anymore or can the doctor just plain and simply give you advise to stop the usage? (even though I don't use anymore, but since test came out positive, Im sure the doctor will have something to say). Since I got the call from the doctor's office, I have not gone to his office in fear or embarrassment that I am going to go through. I just want to be ready and know what will I be facing once I do see the doctor. Ive done all I can research on NJ laws of pregnant woman and positve drug test, but there is nothing out there to help me ease my fear. Please let me know what the doctor did/said to you if you tested positve in the middle of the pregnancy (not necessarily at birth).
I personally don't think that is what they're calling for.. it could be worse.. like an infection or something. BUT.- if you're so embarrassed now, why even smoke in the first place?
If you say its because of morning sickness, I feel that's a load of crap. Its just an excuse you're using. There are so many other remedies to MS than smoking pot. I wouldn't smoke anymore if I were you. Even though there isn't any proof it harms unborn babies, you're still depriving your baby of oxygen.. Smoking pot while pregnant is such a selfish thing to do... You need to start putting your childs needs before yours now.
First of all to all those who think weed is worse than cigs, you are sadly mistaken. Weed has around 300 - 500 chemicals in it, whereas cigs have over 10000! So how is cigs worse than weed? Now as for the effect it'll have on the baby I don't know. If you are worried about the baby being drug tested then you should just stop all together. I've known women smoke weed thier entire peegnancy and have no problems. Personally I have smoked a couple of times since i've been pregnant. I don't plan on smoking anymore. I wouldn't do something that I believe will hurt my baby.
Whoa so negative she's asking feed back on the subject not to be judged!
Hi honey, the best thing you can do is tell your dr. If your honest with him/her, they should be cool with it. I mean you only did it once. As far as a blood test goes, it will totally be out of the baby's system by then. Best wishes.
Not to be rude but first of all you should be worried about a lot more than your poor child popping hot! So selfish in my eyes
If you honestly cared in the first  place you wouldnt have this problem. also is that _an excuses to make you feel better or are you trying to justify to us why your doing something illegal like drugs while pregnant? Just my opinion.

Posts like this make step back and wonder what other "choices" has this pregnant woman made?  Especially when this one could be percieved as a mild mistake if they choose to even consider it as wrong, some dont......therefore showing that they think toxins and breaking the law arw ok to expose and force into children. What's next? What else harmfull have you done?
I could go on however this topic has really upset me and I need to "walk" away now, for the sake of my unborn.......

Sorry , I try to avoid conflict at all times, however, this post caught my attention and I decided this was the one time
if any to open my mouth on one of these discussion boards. Best wishes to your child may they have a beautiful healthy normal life.
I believe the doc checks at the visits. Pee, and blood test. And they will check the baby. I had a friend, and she quit half way, and when birth. Came dhs. Child ppl. Took her girl. Ppl should think twice with drugs.
Cigs. Shouldnt b smoked but i would never.
It's selfish knowing there are people out there who do things like this, putting babies lives at risk then u get people like my friends who can't get pregnant and are having IVF, very selfish!?!
You have nothing to worry about! Don't stress it because there haven't been any bad side effects discovered and some doctors have even recommended smoking weed for cases of nausea (my doctor did) so don't feel bad your not harming ur baby and @ riot queen there is no way to compare weed and cigarettes because cigs are very harmful to a baby and that is false information cigs have chemicals and carniogens that are harmful! Weed is a natural plant so you should really do a little research before u scare someone weed doesn't have nicotine and isn't addictive so!  Joint doesn't not equal 3+ cigarettes!
I had a friend smoke alot and when she found out she stop....not sure if thid cause it but her baby was born with only 9 fingers....
it might still test positive in your baby its different leaving there system than leaving yours.. my friend smoked until 19 weeks and not all the time in fact is wasnt that often at all.. and her baby tested  pos =/! it put a lot of stress on her after with all the stuff she had to deal with.. she did it for the same reason cause she read it was good for morning sickness.. i dont believe there should be anything on the net saying that its good for morning sickness and maybe not so many people will go through making the mistake of doing it  .. i have my fingers crossed for u that it will be ok but to be honest there is no way of knowing until it happens
Let he without sin cast the first stone.

I am also not one for confrontation, but it offends me when people judge others without doing any research on the matter, just speculation that has been gleamed from a corrupted media source.  I have done lengthy research on the subject of THC for a close friend who has an illness and is vaporizing her pot to help.  There is no conclusive evidence that THC will affect the child.  As a pre-med student, there is absolutely nothing negative in text books showing an ill effect on the fetus in development or motor skills.  On the other hand, some text books still have it listed as a way of dealing with morning sickness, (got to love Europe's medical research, so much more in depth than our medical propaganda now days).  Smoking is where any harm will occur.  The act of smoking is the concern more most according to studies done around Europe, Jamaica, and in California, so my friends doctor recommended vaporizing for her illness.

But getting back to my first sentence.  I cannot count the amount of mothers and mothers-to-be I have seen consume things like soda, msg (usually in the form of doritos), high fructose corn syrup, which are all known and even reported on by our FDA as being very dangerous to newborns and developing fetus.  These are the same people who cast down those who elect to try things like marijuana.  I advise anyone who thinks I am wrong, please research these things.  High Fructose Corn Syrup actually suppresses a baby's immune system and just like a drug the baby when born craves the fake sugar high.  I have seen more and more babies born that go through caffeine withdrawal.  But yet, I hardly ever see those mother's judged anywhere as harshly as the ones who may of smoked marijuana.  And to address the supposed cop-out of morning sickness, it's valid enough for several other cultures, so who are we to judge that all of them are wrong.  We are not any more special or enlightened.  We all try to do our best for developing fetus and children.  

But to those who just say, that a women will be a bad mother because she smoked, I recommend a healthy dose of research (preferably an actual medical journal and not just a google search), and a healthy long look in the mirror.  Let the woman who has done nothing wrong, consumed no drug (including the legal ones like advil (bad for baby), caffeine, MSG, high fructose corn syrup, aspartame (fake sugar found in sugar-free items), asuclflame (fake sugar in diet drinks), not to mention the plethora of pharmaceuticals our US industry pushes on us) be the first to cast a stone on those of us who are still human and struggle to do the best we can for our children.  I am sure everyone here cares about their little bundle of joy.  I have to say the mother's who do come and post are the mom's who DO care because they are worried and trying to find unbiased research.

So high five's to the mom's trying to become better, and for the haters, remember judgement is reserved for God, not us, and try taking a page out of Jesus' playbook, love your brothers and sisters, don't condemn them.  Sorry about the rant, I really do not like close minded,  judgmental people, I see enough of them in med school.  Congrats to all expecting mothers and remember research is your friend ;)

**Disclaimer: These are my thoughts. I pass no judgement on any woman, but seek to remind those passing judgement, that they are not without faults as well. I am not a doctor, just a pre-med student, who does lots and lots of research, especially with medical journals.  Also, I mean no disrespect to those who are not Christian for some of my comments and quotes, but I personally believe that Jesus really understood the concept of love, compassion, and open mindedness, and it is those teachings I am a strong supporter of.**
Wel to be very honest with you ladies and myself, I just stopped smoking weed at about 13w. I am now 18w4d. I did however smoke twice more after I officially quit smoking. I am scared of the effects it may have had on my chilkd but to be honest and speaking selfishly I am miserable without it. I dont have a sex drive and my attitude is horrible. I know I am very much dependent on mary jane. Not a good look but Im only being honest.
Think of what smoking makes you feel like. That is what your tiny unborn child is feeling too. But they have no choice. and have tiny lungs.. You do have a choice.. Th only people who justify weed smoking during pregnancy are those who do.it themselves..have done.or are very badly informed!! Don't subject your unborn to any drugs its not fair. Get help quitting if you really care about your child.
Ok ive had three children and guess what i had hypermises guavidarum thats when you get sick all day every day and cant keep any food down for up to you hole pregnancy. My babys health was severly at risk my dr. Told me to smoke weed to eat so **** all the judgmental ******* on this. I quite smoke as soon as i quite throwing up aroun 34 weeks and all my kids peed clean i didnt even no they do blood tests on baby for thc
Wow this thread is almost three years old and people are still judging and looking down on this girl and she has not even posted since 2009. But I agree with simplyjane what makes anyone so perfect that they can pass judgement on anyone else.
Some Drs are all for the use of marijuana..they have yet to prove marijuana is addictive it is an herb.which is really worse pumping you and your baby with some prescription drug with the possibolity of side effects that are worse then your original problem..or using an herb to treat your nausea..the Indians have done it for hundreds of years...so if you spend all day throwing up cant stomach a vitamin or even water your babies not gaining weight n your loosing weight the obvious thing to do is talk to your Dr some r for it some aren't but the bottom line is does not cause addiction it doesn't make u baby small it makes it bigger bcuz u can eat.Thc takes 30 days to get out your system with the use of water green tea or cranberry juice  chronic user or not..I know woman who went into labor And smoked the same day n both her n the baby were clean but I'd give urself atleast a month and lots of fluids listed above which are good for yu baby..me personally I'm all for legalization why bcuz wen is tha last time a person high off weed ate a face (and bath salts r legal) or a killed a kid cuz they were cn double (yet alcohol is legal) so get off your high horse read up on the NORML website and get your freaking facts straight..and btw go vote for legalization so wen ur Dian of some wierd cancer cuz u smoked drank or hell jus cuz it runs in your family ull b wishing of was legal so yu culd manage to eat or jus to dull your pain..Signed A LoViiNG HiPPiE
Depends on state your from , i live in Ohio and e don't test yet although i don't smoke
Hey, I'm 31 weeks on my second pregnancy, with my last one I stopped smoking at around 24-26 weeks, I stopped at 22-24 weeks with this one. I'm sure me and my baby were tested because I was and am on Medicaid. I haven't had any problems with dhr or child services, nobody even said anything to me about the drug test. Like if it was pass or fail so I'm sure we both passed. You will definitely be fine if you don't smoke anymore. My doctor actually told a friend of mine that goes to him as well, that it would take 30 days and both the mother and baby would pass the test. :) I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Shut  up with your negativity AND EVERYONE ELSE'S FOR THAT MATTER. people ask for help not your opinion, so get off and think about what you just did. Yes you think she has done harm to her baby but your making it better ? getting a mother to be upset or stressed even more over the matter! You MAVSMA6 should take your negativity else where you and other negative Andy's  and disperse from this board!  #happymothertobe and I hope your jaw dropped and you got upset cuz I sure as hell did at YOU.
This post is from 2009....
I stopped soon as I found out I was pregnant then I slipped up when I was like 30 weeks then I stopped again @ 34 weeks I was so stressed out but n that time it was only like twice a wk will my baby test positive?
i smoked 3 joints over the weekend and it is 17 days till i have to get a blood test..wil it show up
I just want to say that I to smoked early in my pregnancy and am worried about losing my baby for it but my doctor was not a kind woman and would not offer me anything for the terrible sickness I had. By 20 weeks I was still losing weight and smoking maryjane helped me eat sleep and the pains and swellings. My mother was told by her doctor when she was pregnant with me to smoke it because my father was beating her and stress is the topmost worst thing for baby. Weed does not cause low birth weight that's cigarrettes, in fact most women who had smoked it their babies gain more because they can eat properly without the nausia. And also do some research on breast milk, even non-smoking mothers produce thc in their breast milk so if the thc is so bad why do we mothers naturally make it? The harmfull part of weed is the carsinagens from the smoke, but any smoke has carsinegens. Bottom line if you don't have something nice to say and you haven't done proper research don't say anything at all. :)
I have a question for you I quit smoking marijuanna at exactly five months and don't plan on smoking again do you think my baby will still test positive at birth my due date is march twelth
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers