Pregnancy 18-24 Community
struggling to stay smoke free in pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Im now 15 weeks tomorrow, i gave up smoking at 6 weeks pregnant. I did it because i didnt wnat an unhealthy bub... ive had no problems giving up until now the last week ive been craving cigarettes... and the urge seems to get stronger and stonger. im eating and eating kos its the only thing that stops me thinking about it.
Has any ine else gone through this in preganncy?
It was easy for me to quit as i was all scared n guilty abt my smoking and its effect on baby's health..i had urge of smoking as hubby was a smoker..but i used to  make myself bz.. I downloaded all seasons of how i met ur mother n watched..haha n it helped diverting my attention from my esse menthol cravings lol..
my df doesnt smoke so im lucky but the urge getting stronger and stronger lately and sometimes i come quite close to buying smokes i know its not the best for babies but i smoked with my 1st 2 kids and did them no harm, its really stressing me out. i dont even have people that come over that smoke to set it off, kos i was the only smoker we knew
I have read alot abt smoking while being prego as i m 27 n smoking for 10years. This is my 1st bub.. Now i m 34w n i m having breathing problems since my lungs n respiratory tract is effcted by smoking.ppl cam here whistle like wheezing wen i m breathing..so hope my story is scary enuff for u to stop thinking abt cig haha..Be careful as nicotine effects the blood pressure n smoke is bad for placenta.. :)
Ppl can hear*
Even if some babies are born healthy, it doesn't mean all will. My mom smoked while pregnant with us, and overall we are healthy but I detest that my mom couldn't curb her desires long enough to consider what it was doing to us. I do not smoke and never will, and it isn't fair that I didn't have any say in that when she was pregnant either.
Totally agree with clysta abt the surety of baby's health.. But well at times its hard for someone to quit as at the end smoking is addiction.i stopped smoking imediately as i was scared it wud harm my baby.maybe if i knew someone who had healthy babies while smoking i wud hv given myself justifications n continue on cigs.. Ppl with weak will power start smoking in my opinion as its as dangerous for the smoker as anyone else..so the will power doesnt let us stick to the decission of quiting.. I m planning not to restart after i deliver.. Hope i b strong enuff ;)
My mom was a smoker when pregnant of me. Result I was born to early and with an extermly low birth weight. I was in critical neo-natal care unit for weeks and had and still have underdevelope lunghs. So for the love of your baby dont smoke please.
Smoking is bad for you and baby. I am glad that you have quiet smoking just stay strong and think about the health of your baby over your cravings. My mom's father smoked while my grandmother was pregnant with her and the second hand smoke caused lung problems my mom always had asthma because of it. Even being around someone who smokes is dangerous, so please don't start smoking again.