Pregnancy 18-24 Community
stuck on bed rest.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

stuck on bed rest.

Hey everyone! how are the babies cookin? Im 30 weeks preg. and now on strict bed rest. i went to the hospital yesterday because i was having serious back pain and felt painful pressure on my cervix.  turns out i have a soft and short cervix measuring 1.6 which are both risks in premature labor. i was also having contractions every two minutes. but i was given a muscle relaxer to slow the contactions and i got a shot to help mature the babys lungs. i got to go back today for the second dose for the baby. Since coming home ive had only two really painful contractions and my back pain has gone down a little. And now being stuck on bed rest. no excessive walking, only to go to the bathroom. no intercourse, no prolonged upright sitting. But what i want to know is there anyone who is or has been in a similar situation?
Tags: bed rest
I'm 31w 2d and on strict bedrest. Have been since 25weeks. I'm 3cm and also got steroid shots over a week ago for baby's lungs. I had preterm labor last pregnancy as well. Bedrest is not easy, but hang in there! We don't have much more to go before we meet our babies. Are you dilated at all or were you just having a lot of contractions?
Im not dilated just alot of contractions. im an active person though so i feel like this bed rest will never end!
I feel your pain!! I want to be on the go, getting things ready for baby (this is my first girl after 2 boys and I have no clothes for her, diapers, or wipes!), cleaning my house the way I want it cleaned, cooking meals, it's really tough!! Just think, everyday at this point is crucial for baby, that's one less day in the nicu if baby did come early. I try to keep myself busy by reading books, going on medhelp, watching tv or movies..but it eventually gets a little boring. =/ When are they letting you off of bedrest? I have 35 days left and I am counting down.....With my last pregnancy, my son was born at 36w3d so my goal is to try to get a little bit past that point if possible. Hoping I can make it!!
I'm not on bedrest but I hope you all make it close to your dd's. I couldn't imagine being told I had to stay in bed the remainder of my pregnancy. Id go NUTS!! I give you ladies much respect and admiration!
ugh.  I was on bedrest in the hospital for about 6 weeks with my first...

Time went quickly for me because I actuall got the much needed rest that I craved.  I was confined to the hospital to be monitered.  They kept me medicated, which helped me sleep.  so it was sleep, eat, watch tv....  I would hate it this time around, because I now have a child to care & love.  At the time, 6 yrs ago, I had noone, so it didn't matter that I was stuck in bed.

Do they plan on taking the baby early?  i was induced at 37 wks when I was on bed rest.  Ended up with a c-section though.  They wanted to take her at 35 wks & then transfer her to a diferrent hospital with a nicu.  I said no & they had me go 2 more weeks.

The worst part was that I was in a delivery bed... You know the kind that the bottom pulls off & away???  I could feel that crack where the bed was put together right on my lower back.  I would "steal"  sheets & pillows from housekeeping when they came to clean my room & then I would stuff them in that crack.

hang in there.  use internet, tv, books, puzzle books to try to pass time.  Can you ask your doc about an Rx for any sleeping meds???  they may help you be more comfortable.
I know how boring it can be to be stuck in bed and not be able to do anything. I just wanted to add some possible things you can do to keep you busy. Some things that I found entertaining to keep me from going crazy: movies, favorite tv show marathons, play doh(sounds childish, but it kept me entertained for a bit, board games, books, basketball hoop over the trash can and would try to make balls of paper in it, writing letters/journaling, going on facebook or medhelp, planning vacations(look up amazing places to travel to and things to do there: even if it's an imaginary vacation, it's still fun), and sewing/knitting/anything else. I'm not pregnant, but this is what I did after my major surgery when I was stuck in bed and it helped keep me sane. At least you have a little one to look forward to, so keep reminding yourself that there is a baby at the end of all of this. Hope bedrest goes by quickly for you..  
thank you all so much!! its so great having support and other women who understand what you are going through! once again thank you! <3
I am strict bedrest for the same reasons as u . I have been on bedrest since 20wks I know how u feel I am currently 27wks and going crazy if u need to vent about any of it feel free to pm me
thank you i def. will take you up on the offer! just found out that im not getting off bedrest till i give birth. not the awesome news i hoped for. theres so much i want to do before the baby arrives. i wanna get up and clean and organize but im stuck laying down.