Pregnancy 18-24 Community
talking to baby

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

talking to baby

Does your partner talk to the baby? Idk if I'm just expecting too much from my husband. He rarely does it, and I always bug him about it. I guess it doesn't hit some guys until baby is born. maybe it hasn't hit him yet.  Any insight?
I try to get my bf to do it too and he looks at me like im stupid.. he says the baby cant hear him but it can. it upsets me sometimes that i ask him to do it.. i wish he was like all the nice and caring guys i read about in books and see in movies...
Sometimes my husband will talk to baby every morning and night but then sometimes if he is stressed or preoccuppied he wont talk to baby at all and shows little interest in feeling movement. So I think it just depends on each person and for some it may feel more akward rather than induce bonding. How far along are you? I know that the talking happened more when I got bigger, like it hit him that there is really a baby in there lol. Also, have you talked to him about if he talks to the baby s/he will more likely recognize his voice after birth?
I asked my boyfriend twice and he looked at me awkwardly lol so i never asked time again. but i don't mind cuz i know he does love her :)
My boyfriend has only done it twice... Once to ask our boy to move when he hadn't felt him yet and then once more to "stop hurting mummy". It's not as much of a big deal to them as it is to us I think. But I don't mind cause I know he wants this baby, so just wait til the baby arrives it will be completely different :-)
My boyfriend does, every night he'll kiss my stomach and say goodnight and tells our daugther that he loves her.
My honey talks to baby girl all the time! Every day before he goes to work to right before bed time. He strongly believes in her recognizing his voice.. in which she does. Theres times she wont move and as soon as daddy talks to her she starts moving like crazy, it really is a bonding experience between us.. it reassures me how great of a dad he's going to be!
My husband does everyday :) n every night he tells a good night story while holding ny belly and then kisses ny belly all over to make sure it gets to him. Hes always grabbing my belly at random moments and declares his undying love for his unborn son lol its adorable!
My husband rubs my belly, but I don't think he's ever talked to it, even though I've told him the baby can hear him now. My stepdaughter does all the time though. It's so cute!
I'm 32 weeks pregnant and he has talked to baby about 2/3 times. He does rub my belly but I want him to talk to baby more. I guess everyone is different.
My babydad do n she goes nuts for him dats all u see comin out ma belly her hands n feet
It's okay. My husband barely does. But when he does it melts my heart and it is so adorable!
My husband calls our "baby" jelly bean. And we don't know if we're pregnant yet.
Yeah my husband doesn't talk to our son but he does rub my belly. I think it doesn't hit the men until baby is born.
Mine will have a conversation with my belly almost everyday. Lol but i.dont mind i find it funny and cute plus baby moves when he speaks to him. So im more than sure he can hear his daddy.
No, my husband doesnt even want to feel the baby move, he says its creepy lol.  It bothered me with my first pregnancy, but I realized that he doesnt have to act any certain way to show he cares, he shows me he loves our baby in many other ways.  And is a great daddy to our others.  Try to look more at the things he is doing, and not what he isnt.  Baby will still recognize his voice just from the two of you talking.  
My bf talks to our son so much that I honestly believe my son knows him already! It's amazing how they have bonded before he is even here...they say the baby can sense a connection. I'm sorry your hubby doesn't do it often because it's a great way for all three of you to bond at the same time.
Thanks Sarah765!!! You are right! I know he loves our daughter and can't wait for her to be here. I need to focus on how other things. He will be an amazing daddy once she is here! (=
Omg my husband is the type where if he hasnt said hey to her or rubbed my belly that day he gets upset. He'll literally stop me sometimes n b like o i havent talked to my daughter today lift my shirt up n talk to her n give her a kiss. She kicks up such a storm for him when he does this. I want my mommys grl but think hes done stolen her from me lol
He hasn't really until lately. Now he's always trying to get her to move and asking her to come out now lol
My husband loves talking to our baby girl and he pretends she talks back, like they are sharing secrets. Lol i think its so cute!!! And he loves feeling her move!!