Pregnancy 18-24 Community
test results changing if you let it sit too long (BFP! maybe)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

So as most of you know, I have been having leaking nipples over the last few days and a light "period".  I decided to test this morning despite the blood just because I had one last dollar tree test left.  I ended up waking up about 15 minutes before my alarm went off and tested.  I let it go for a few seconds to see the control line.  I didnt pick the test up to look too hard at it and my eyes were still really blurry from just waking up.  I went back to bed and got up 15-20 mins later and took a closer look at the test.  It had a very faint BFP.  I easily could have missed this when I tested earlier.  Unfortunately, I have to admit that I am one of the trash diggers that looks at the tests hours later to see if they changed and never have I ever had a negative test turn positive over time.  Has anyone else had this?  (yes I do know that the instructios say dont read the results after 10 minutes---but I know I am not the only trash digger out there so Please share if you had one change)
I had the same thing happen to me...and I'm now 10 weeks pregnant.  :-)

From what I understand, evaporation lines are typically gray/white in color.  If the line, no matter how faint, is the color of the control line (pink/blue) it's a BFP.  Take another test to be sure and then call your doc for an HCG.
I would test again as well...

I have personally never had this happen, but it may just be a BFP!  =)

Congrats and keep us posted!?
You are not the only trash digger lol! I had a very very faint positive this morning and went to show my husband yesterdays test for comparison and picked it up to see TWO lines! I was speechless, I dont know what to think!!! Can it be my BFP???
That is actually how I found out I was pregnant the first time.  I took the test, saw nothing, put it in the trash, showed my husband later and saw the faint line.  I really was pregnant that time.  Good Luck!  I think it is it for you!  I did find the time this morning to go pick up an ept and I got another faint positive.  it is one day before I am due so I was expecting it to be faint.  i called and am going tomorrow for the blood work!  VERY EXCITED!  Thanks ladies!
OMG.....I'm so terrfied of getting my hopes up though. I posted another question about it to see what others say. I'm definately buying a digital on the way home, that cant be misunderstood.
I was so upset.  I bought two ept's today, used the first one and didnt even really look at it first, realized nothing was happening so I cracked it open and there was no test strip in it.  I knew something looked odd because it was deep like a window box.  I had never used ept so I didnt really think much of it.  These things are too expensive for that to happen!  Now it is used so  I cant even take it back!  I wanted to test again tomorrow morning to make sure I wasnt going crazy.  Now I have to spend the money all over again! Geez!  I know what you mean about not getting your hopes up yet!  Good Luck to you!
kjbutcher and rockyvt08-
next test take a picture and post it, then we can see if we sew what you see. i was in disbelieve and posted and right away got remarks that it was a BFP. i tested and thought it was the evap line, then brushed my teeth, put jammies on came back and it was darker....i am 9 weeks and 3 days! good luck
you need to test again.  You are not to read the results after 10 minouts.  Its possible though.  Go get a wal-green digital an test again.  Keep us posted!  Anita
A few months ago I took a test and it came up negative, a half hour later I looked at the test again it was positive, I wasn't pregnant. The tests can and do change, so I would retest.
I am not saying that you aren't preggers but I wouldn't go off of that test if you waited more than 10 min to check it.
Good luck
If you retest and get a faint positive within 10 min I would take that as a BFP.
baby dust
I did test again with an ept and immediately got another faint line.  I thought I wasnt going to be able to get to the store till tonight, but the kids were in a good mood and were willing to walk to the store with me.  (I have a daycare and cant put kids in the car).  I am still going back this afternoon to get another test to try again in the morning before I go get blood drawn.  Thanks ladies.
Wooo Hooo! That sounds like a BFP to me, a faint line is still a line! Good Luck!!
I took a digital and it was negative. I was afraid of that....
i dont want to get your hopes up but i have heard that the digitals require more of the hcg hormone to be present. if you dont get your af test again.
the clear blue easy digital ones test with a very low amount of HCG.  I i found out at 9dpo with an hcg of only like 25 that i was pregnant with a clear blue digital, so i would reccommend those to everyone.  and i bought a 5 pack from walmart for 18 dollars.
I took a test last night and it was neg. at first.  I kept going back to look, and every time I thought I saw a line coming up.  I took the test apart to look closer and when I put it back together, there was no question a line.  I took another test in the morning and it was neg.  What do I do, which one is true?
If the positive line didn't show up within 5 minutes it sounds like what you saw is an evaporation line. You could try a digital just to be sure.