Pregnancy 18-24 Community
to wash or not to wash ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

to wash or not to wash ?

Im stuck on whether I should wash all of my daughters clothes before she comes.  Im a ftm and 38 w and I wanna know your opinions mommys,  my sis in law said she didnt wash any for my niece because once washed all the babya clothes isnt gonna look the same :/ Also,  if I do wash em how can I avoid shrinkage?  Do I just not dry em in the dryer?
You are very much so washing clothes before they even touch them as of the dyes that were used and people's grubby hands all over them at the shop before you picked them up so you dont know what kind of germs are on them, as for shrinkage no dryer and dont wash with hot water :-)
*very much so better off washing
Yeah thats so true!  Thank youu!   :)
I'm 37 weeks & i washed all of my sons clothing,blankets ect. with Purex Detergent. It's free on dye & sensitive. I washed them in cold water & put them in the dryer after & had no problem with shrinking, they look the same to me lol. The point of washing them is because we don't know where they have been & people in the stores touch,drop them,ect. I think it would be a great idea :)
Another question,  did you seperate certain colors?  (Whites , pinks , blues etc. ) Or just all together?  
I threw them all together. I would only wash what you know you're gonna use unless you already ripped off the tags!
Wash everything, cool wash, no dryer. I washed all mine in colour loads separate so nothing ran into his white tops etc...  Hand wash if you prefer :)
I'm only washing newborn to 3 months until he starts growing out of the 3 month clothes. I'm 36 weeks and washing all the 0-3 month stuff after my baby shower on the 8th
Make sure you separate colors and material types like your rough materials and your soft materials. But yes you want to wash the cloths because of the dyes and just think people are nasty nowadays and could have sneezed on the baby's cloths at the store or went to the bathroom and didn't wash there hands. Oww and make sure you remember what goes with what because I washed all of the cloths newborn-12 months and I had a HUGE mess when I started to put them back in the hanger and organize everything.
What bout socks lol?  :)
I washed socks, hats, mittens, and the soft blankets together.
I am of a different opinion. my little girl is almost 4 months old and i wish i had taken it a little slower with the washing. I too washed everything and put it all away. with my next child what i plan on doing is wash as i go. i have soooooo many clothes that she never even wore but becsuse i removed the tags and washed them i can no longer exchange them. now she is getting ready to move into 3 to 6 month cloths which i don't have alot of  so i have to go spend cash and donate all her unused stuff. would much rather exchange. just my opinion!
And sorry, i have not noticed any shrinkage with drying them, and i just wash all of her clothes together. i have not noticed ANY color bleeding.