Pregnancy 18-24 Community
trying to get pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

trying to get pregnant

I will be 21 next month, I just had a laparoscopy done to remove major cysts and endometriosis on and all around my ovaries... I have a family history of endo and taking years to get pregnant.  My boyfriend and I have decided to try for a baby I have been trying since 4 weeks after my surgery and I have no luck or any sign of anything. I have tried everything I know ive been on prenatal vitamins since April and have tried the legs in the air, foreplay after ejaculation, rising my hips, and crossing my fingers. My doc wont help me until 6 months of trying. Ive known for a very long time that my chances are slim with having a baby. Does any one have any advice on what I could do or try please help...!
Figure out your ovulation days and have sex. Your most fertile on those days. Avoid scented tampons and artificial lubricants, they can wash away cervical mucus and cause a hostile environment for the sperm. Orgasms help draw the sperm to the cervix. Make sure your lovemaking not babymaking, the stress can cause sperm count to lower.
Ask your Dr where your cervix is located, mine is actually really far forward  so laying on my back, hips in the air, and legs up, did nothing I have to lay on my stomach. Know that it can take time.
With my son I got pregnant on the pill, this time same partner took 6 months
Maybe buy some ovulation tests? It could be worth the money. Good luck on your TTC journey.(:
I just tracked my periods and got pregnant in 3 months including 1 month for my period to regulate after getting off birth control. But just try to be as healthy as you can between exercise and diet so your body can be at its best. Good luck! :)
We tried for 6 months before I got pregnant. Turns out I have a tilted cervix so that's probably why it took so long
I did the ovulation tests street trying for 8 months with no luck did the regular strip tests first but couldn't read them right so i splurged on the first response digital ovulation test kit and took a pregnancy rest ten days later that was positive :) I'll be 23 weeks tomorrow! Good luck i hope you get your positive soon :)
Thank you everyone! Im definitely gonna try the ovulation tests :) I missed my period on friday (but there always irregular) cross our fingers to get a positive! !!
I also have endo and ovarian cysts. I wish i could help you but i tried everything in the book along with clomid and nothing worked. We tried for 3.5yrs to get pregnant again. We decided to give up and be thankful for the one we have. We gave up in Feb and miraculously found out we were pregnant again in April.
The best advice is to let things happen on there own. I know we probably stress alot which makes it hard to conceive since we want it so bad. But i found that to work the best. The moment we gave up really gave up it happened.
Good luck.
Instead of buying ovulation predictors, I used an app that tracks your period and tells you when you're ovulating. It took about 2 months before I got pregnant but its cheaper than buying the tests.