Pregnancy 18-24 Community
tubes tied no period for two months feeling very ill

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

10/17/07
    hey everyone i have a few questions and comments heres my story .... i have two boysi got my tubes tied right after my second one im not sure how they were done i just know that they didnt want to do the ligation because of my age i was 22 . when i wasin the surgery room i remember thedoctor asking me how permenent i wanted them done but because of the medication i dont remember what said . i now live hours from the town i hadethe procedure . i wonder how i could find out what the doctor did . n  e wayz i have never had a regular period . until after my tubal ligation , after the ligation they were 28 days apart until recently i had a period all the way up until august and no period in september and still nothing here in october i have been having severe headaches dizziness nausea constipation short tempered . i took a pt  about a month ago it read negtive after the first three mins but when i went back about 30 mins later it was positive so about 2 weeks later ibought a more expensive one , one of the digital ones and it was negative. so i am confused of what to do next my husband and i want a baby so bad i totaly regret the tubal ligation . this ismy second husband he has no children of his own and we are still young.  

It wouldn't hurt to make an appointment to see the doctor to find out what's going on.  You could be pregnant, but either way, your symptoms need to be checked out.  I used to work with a lady that had her tubes tied and she got pregnant and had a healthy little girl.  I would think you could request your medical records from the facility where your procedure was done and maybe that would shed some light on the procedure you had.  They may have to mail or fax you a records release form for you to sign and send back before they will send your records.  Possibly, you could call that doctor's office and they tell you or you could request your records from them, also.
thank you for reading this it is nice to hear from someone thx  i will be calling tommorrow
The results of the HPT isn't valid after 30 minutes. It will look like you got a positive but it is evaporation lines.... lines where the positive would have been. You can look it up on the internet. It sucks I know ...that tricked me once too.
I am in the same boat as you. Had tubes tied after 5th child and not sure how they were done. I too had my last period in August and nothing since then. My tests are coming out negative also. I am getting checked out for other things such as cysts, hormonal issues, thyroid. So blood work and a ultrasound are coming up. It is a possibility you could be pregnant and not as far along as you think you are. I know if I got pregnant it would of had to of been at the end of september area (and I had all the pregnancy symptoms). So I would be early. Hard for me to know when I ovulate seeing how I have irratic periods since tubal. But anyways get checked out. If you had them tied durring a c-section you run a greater risk of getting pregnant down the road than if you went in and had it done after birth. Don't know why:) Good luck to you...hope you get what you so badly desire:)
thank you gurlz i had them tied hours after birth but i had both my children naturaly so they did a cut at the belly button