Pregnancy 18-24 Community
+ve pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

+ve pregnancy

hi all again !
my wife has checked for a pregnancy test and it shows positive .
well , last time she was pregnant and we took an appontment to see a doctor but it was a week after the test.
and in the mean time she had a  misscarrage. my question is she checked it yesterday on 18th jan. and the doctors appointment is on 26th jan. i was wondering that is there anything we should do earlier than see a doctor on 26th jan ?
answers and suggestions please

thanks in advance
Congratulations!!!

I am sorry for your loss the last time your wife was pregnant.

I am afraid there is nothing a dr could do differently from seeing her tomorrow to seeing her a week later unless you think there is a medical reason other than she had miscarried once before.

Other than your wife taking folic acid to help the growing baby there is nothing you can do. If you are worried maybe alot of rest and relaxation would help you both.

Congratulations again, take care
I agree with Gem111. Make sure she is taking the vitamins and folic acid. Also, take it easy and maybe that will help ease her mind. Unfortunatelly at this early stage there isn't much you can do and it is all up to your body. I have had 2 mc's and a health pregnancy inbetween and it is very difficult but know that there is nothing more you can do at this time. I wish you the best and congratulations on this pregnancy!
As the others have said - most doctors will not see woman until they are 8-12 weeks along. She could request blood tests to check on her levels and make sure her Progesterone levels are good. Low Progesterone can cause miscarriage and supplementing for the first 10 weeks of pregnancy MAY prevent a miscarriage from taking place.

Most women miscarry 1-2 times in their life whether they are aware of it or not and most miscarriages are due to genetic anomolies.

My suggestion is to keep yourselves BUSY to keep your focus off the worry. I've had 2 miscarriages and I got a positive pregnancy test last week but I won't see my midwife until February 9th. I think you're wife is getting in pretty early compared to most women which is good!
Oh and congratulations by the way! You're a sweet man to worry about your wife so but it is a rare group of women who miscarry habitually. I would relax and enjoy every day of this pregnancy whether it lasts 5 weeks or 9 months!
i really appretiate all your answer
thanks to you all .