Pregnancy 18-24 Community
very common to have low hcg levels >?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

very common to have low hcg levels >?

i think i might be pregnant i am now 6 days late for my period and have almost all the symptoms: lower back ache, very tired, headaches, some light cramping, spotting ( which happened about a week and a half after unprotected sex), sick to my stomach, and frequent urination. I took a hpt about 2 days late for my period but it was neg. So i guess my question is this, is it very common for you to be pregnant and have low levels that dont detect pregnancy untill weeks or even months into pregnancy ?!?! .. Thank you for you time anything will help ? :)  
Not really. hCG doubles every 2 days, so a test should show accurately within just a few days of a missed period, if not sooner. First Response is the most sensitive test on the market, with the lowest reading being 7.5 mIU of hCG. Symptoms really don't mean or tell anything in regards to pregnancy. Many women can have these and not be pregnant. Desire to be, illness, digestive issues, etc can all cause them. See a doctor for a beta blood test, and that will get you the most accurate answer. Anything under 5 is generally deemed to be a negative for pregnancy.
thank you for your post. The reason i asked was because i heard that other women didnt get a positive as far as 3 weeks after there missed period so i was just seeing my odds > Thank you !
Generally when that happens, it's either the female tested with diluted urine (not first morning urine--this has the highest concentration of hCG), tested once too early and then ignored or, or did the test wrong---too much urine/not enough urine. It's very, very uncommon for women to actually not show up on a standard urine test. Plus you also have to consider how many millions of women use pregnancy tests. Generally if it's something negative--like not showing on a pregnancy test accurately--women flock to those and it will seem like a lot when it's not.
I actually have done quite a bit of research on the subject and I do agree with a lot of what Clysta had to say, but I also came upon an intersting article on the net the other day about home pregnancy tests and learned that most of the tests out on the market are not very sensitive. This means that if the levels of hCG are low, which is not unusual, a lot of tests won't pick them up. The best advice I got, I was 11 days late and had 2 negative tests, was to test after the missed period is a week overdue, and then test again a week later, if negative results are received after test #1. This will give time for the levels of hCG to rise to a more detectable level. Also, it is not unusual to have a "false" period, in which bleeding can occur lightly for 2 to 3 days, and still be pregnant. This is due to the fertilized egg implanting itself into the uterus, also causing cramping much like that you would feel just before and during menstruation. P.S. I'm a nurse and have two children.  I would try another test when week 2 comes, as I suggested above. At least, that's what I'm going to do.
yeah i took the test only 2 days after my missed period im thinking that i need to take another one soon because tomorrow will make day 7 im late and this time im going to use fisrt morn urine which i did not use before... i hope i find out soon !! thank you !!