Pregnancy 18-24 Community
want an abortion

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

want an abortion

well i had gynaecosid last afternoon... i want to get aborted.. but still now now bleeding yet.. y? um 5 weeks pregrant... i took 4 pills but nothin hapned... every 12 hrs. plzz help me soon
Ok I don't believe in abortions, but everyone is subject to what they do to their bodies. When you went to your GYN did they say to take the pills to start an abortion? What is the name of the pill? Usually there is a 3 step

STEP ONE — THE ABORTION PILL
The provider will give you the abortion pill at the clinic. You will also be given some antibiotics to start taking after the abortion pill.

The abortion pill works by blocking the hormone progesterone. Without progesterone, the lining of the uterus breaks down, and pregnancy cannot continue.

STEP TWO — MISOPROSTOL
You will take a second medicine — misoprostol. It causes the uterus to empty.

You and your health care provider will plan the timing and place for the second step. You'll take the second medicine up to three days after taking the abortion pill. Your health care provider will give you instructions on how and when to take the second medicine.

The second medicine — misoprostol — will cause you to have cramps and bleed heavily. Some women may begin bleeding before taking the second medicine. But for most, the bleeding and cramping begin after taking it. It usually lasts a few hours. You may see large blood clots or tissue at the time of the abortion.More than half of women abort within four or five hours after taking the second medicine. For others, it takes longer. But most women abort within a few days.It's normal to have some bleeding or spotting for up to four weeks after the abortion. You may use sanitary pads or tampons. But using pads makes it easier to keep track of your bleeding.

STEP THREE — FOLLOW-UP
You will need to follow up within two weeks. Follow-up is important to make sure your abortion is complete and that you are well. You will need an ultrasound or blood test.In the unlikely event that you are still pregnant, your health care provider will discuss your options with you. It's likely you will need to have an aspiration abortion if the medication abortion did not end the pregnancy.

Once you have done all this I would say to see you doctor so they are able to put you on a BirthControl pill. Having an abortion isn't going to solve the problem or help you not get pregnant again. I myself an TTC, and I don't believe in abortions but many of my friends are had them before when we were younger. Take care of yourself, and if you have any questions make sure to ask your doc.

It is not our place to judge, we are here to offer guidance and support for ALL people seeking advice.

gsky007- I have no experience towards abortions or pills for abortion. If you are concerned that these tablets are not working or something is wrong you need to contact you gynecologist for further advice, as soon as possible.
I agree with Therese101, I've heard in some cases they don't always work correctly.  If your not sure it's doing what it should your dr is the best place to start.
Normally they ask you to stay in the abortion centre or Hosp untill you have passed the baby and they should have only given you 1 pill.
Not freaking 4.
are you sure its an Abortion pill? Was it given to you by the people?????

they don't always work and there is sometimes some complications. But it really depends on where this person lives at. I have heard of 3rd world countires doing things a little difference then most of us here in the USA. So that is what it also depends on, which medication this person is on.
OH, I live in the UK. and I had a termination (Medical reasons at the time) and then had a class debate about it t college, Although it upset me alot I did argue against them because I am but have had one (again for medical reasons)  and researched it. Thats how it works here, I am unsure about everywhere else, I thoughht it would be the same.
x
4 tablets every 12 hrs? did the doctor give u these or are u taking them on your own behalf?
4 tabs isnt right is it???
Its normally one, keep you in untill they know everything is okay, and or you have passed the baby, then send you home, have a tablet a week later to clear everything out like a D&C.?

x
i had one on the tuesday, then 4 tht they inserted in me like 2 days later to clear everythin out.
she doesnt says shes goin through havin an abortion either she says she WANTS one?
maybe im lookin into this too much lol

hope your doin everythin the right way anyway :) x
She said she took 4 pills for it, so she's definitely going through one.

To the OP, did you have a doctor actually give you the medicine? Or are you just taking random pills. I've seen many women try to abort by taking a high number of birth control pills thinking it will abort the child, which in fact has done more harm to their bodies and can leave the child with problems.
ye but 4 pills every 12 hours? n thats what i mean she could be takin anythin. just because shes taken 4 pills doesnt mean shes goin through one lol
the 4 pills i were talkin about are inserted vaginally btw