Pregnancy 18-24 Community
went from iud to depo shot...could i be pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

In early may I changed my control from the iud (mirena) and the same day got my first depo shot ( me and my boyfriend had sex the next day). I've done the shot before years ago and stayed on my period the whole time...this time no period. I also have a lot of bloating and fatigue. Is it possible for me to be pregnant? Was there a window of opportunity for me to get pregnant when I switched my birth control?
no i don't think you are pregnant from being on depo, it's almost an impossibility to get pregnant on or after depo as i'm now experiencing 2 years after coming off of depo.  I know some ppl may have conceived while on it but i don't think it's likely.  
the same day you received your first depo shot....you had unprotected sex..so yes you could get pregnant.

and since your switched birth control...yes its still possible
hey i went through the same step that u took in august and i have the ddepo shot now since august and i feel like i am but i dnt know yet so yes it could be possible....
Hey i feel im in the same boat as you, i was on the mirena for 6months but in order for me to come off it i had to go straight on the depo so whilst i was changing over i to had unprotected intercourse. Im now off the depo and im on no birth control and having unprotected intercourse hoping to fall pregnant i havn't had my period in four months but had a light period twice in January 2010. I have symptoms of feeling pregnant but am still unsure whether i am or not. All tests came back negative in the first couple of months of missing it. Best advice i got was to go and get an ultra sound. I havnt done so yet but will be going to get one soon. Yes i know alot of people falling pregnant whilst on the depo or changing birth control and chances are you may be pregnant. Good luck to you.
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers