Pregnancy 18-24 Community
went from iud to depo shot...could i be pregnant?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

went from iud to depo shot...could i be pregnant?

In early may I changed my control from the iud (mirena) and the same day got my first depo shot ( me and my boyfriend had sex the next day). I've done the shot before years ago and stayed on my period the whole time...this time no period. I also have a lot of bloating and fatigue. Is it possible for me to be pregnant? Was there a window of opportunity for me to get pregnant when I switched my birth control?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
505857_tn?1329685117
no i don't think you are pregnant from being on depo, it's almost an impossibility to get pregnant on or after depo as i'm now experiencing 2 years after coming off of depo.  I know some ppl may have conceived while on it but i don't think it's likely.  
Blank
the same day you received your first depo shot....you had unprotected sex..so yes you could get pregnant.

and since your switched birth control...yes its still possible
Blank
hey i went through the same step that u took in august and i have the ddepo shot now since august and i feel like i am but i dnt know yet so yes it could be possible....
Blank
Hey i feel im in the same boat as you, i was on the mirena for 6months but in order for me to come off it i had to go straight on the depo so whilst i was changing over i to had unprotected intercourse. Im now off the depo and im on no birth control and having unprotected intercourse hoping to fall pregnant i havn't had my period in four months but had a light period twice in January 2010. I have symptoms of feeling pregnant but am still unsure whether i am or not. All tests came back negative in the first couple of months of missing it. Best advice i got was to go and get an ultra sound. I havnt done so yet but will be going to get one soon. Yes i know alot of people falling pregnant whilst on the depo or changing birth control and chances are you may be pregnant. Good luck to you.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy 18-24 Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...