Pregnancy 18-24 Community
whats the earliest you find out your pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

whats the earliest you can find out if your pregnant i saw that the doc on this website said the hgc dont start til 10 days after the conception... i am really confused   i have not got my period since feb 6 09 and i went to the er cause of stomache pains and they told me i was pregnant which i already knew...so they gave me a internal ultrasound could not see the sac or baby....so they said i am only couple days...but at my regular doc they go by the last day of you period. so maybe could the ultrasound be wrong??? please help
When did you go to the ER? I know several women who have got BFP's at 7dpo...The dr.'s go by your last day of your period unless you know when you O'd. They can always change it by the baby's measurements later in an u/s. With all 3 of my pregnancys they changed the date from the original after the u/s. I have irregular cycles and O at different times though. Maybe you just O'd late and it's too early to see a sac. I'm sorry I can't help anymore. I wish you and your peanut the best of luck.
i went like 3 days ago this is not my first its my fourth but the other 3 pregnancies i didnt find out till i was like 8 or more weeks.. so its all new to me lol... i feel i am more far along than like 1 week  thank you to everyone who tries to help me out
If you conceived a wk ago that would actually in doctor terms make u 3-4wks pregnant. A lot of times people ovulate later than i expected.  I did with my first. You can't expect to see much on a u/s until you are considered 6wks or so. Also did they check your tubes to make sure it wasn't ectopic since you are/were experiencing pain?
yea they saw nothing in the tubes so i know i am clear of that thank god.  i have had the pain with my other pregnancy...but i need to make sure
I was pregnant back in June with my fourth, which ended in a m/c. The reason I'm telling you is because I KNEW something wasn't right from the beginning. I didn't feel right or pregnant for that matter for the 9w3d that I was pregnant. Does everything else feel normal except for the cramping? With my youngest son I had to keep going and having an u/s done every few days along with bloodwork because they thought it was going to be a blighted ovum. Well he popped up on the screen one day and it turned out I just wasn't as far along as I thought.
yea i feel fine now the pain stopped just back pain n real bad headaches now i am really sorry for your m/c!!
Well, if you go by my ovulation, I got a BFP 12 dpo. But I ovulated about 2-3 days early. My AF wasn't due until 11/26, and the BFP was on 11/22. So, four days before AF was due.

So, you'd be about six weeks pregnant, right? I've heard the heartbeat isn't obvious until 7-8 weeks...so perhaps you couldn't see it yet? When do you go to the MD again?

Implantation takes place 7-12 days past ovulation. So the doctor was just making an average because it will be different for each woman.

Even though HCG may start rising around 7-12 dpo it will take a few days for the HCG to get high enough for a pregnancy test to detect it, depending on the sensitivity of the test.

Pregnancy is based on your LMP (last menstrual period). So for at least 2 weeks of your pregnancy you weren't actually pregnant. It's just a starting off point to date pregnancy.
i got my BFP on 9 dpo.  so i was only like a little over 3 weeks pregnant.  
I re-read your question because I was answering your title's question in a way.

Based on your question I'm assuming you want to know when you can see a baby on an ultrasound. Most people don't see anything until about week 5. Even then it's usually just a sac. Usually around week 6-7 you can see the embryo and/or a heartbeat. It really just depends on the machine used, if it is abdonimal/vaginal, and the skill of the technician. The ER nurses/docs are not as knowledgeable in prenatal care whatsoever.

i made an app by i cant get in for like 2 weeks...that sux so hopefully they will give me another u/s soon...so then i was thinking im right about being 6 weeks i didnt think i was so lil thank you ladies
The hCG levels should not be used to date a pregnancy since these numbers can vary so widely.
i found that on a website...so the er dr was wrong! i am bout 6 weeks and 2 days!!! woohoo so baby is due 11-14-09 well atleast til i get another u/s
so next time i get a u/s i better see the sac n baby!
What's the earliest you can find out if you are pregnant?
Can I find out that ur prego after. 2days of having sex
hi am kim i had my period the 1st of dis went to my doc on day 3 started some pills an return to my doc on day 11. since from day 12 -17 i have been having intercourse with my husband. only thing my period is dure on the 28th an it did come. ladies truly do u think i could be pregnant an whats the earlist i can take a test even after since my period the first month  can u help me with answer pleaseeeeeeee