Pregnancy 18-24 Community
when did your water break?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

when did your water break?

just wondering when everyones water broke when they had their kids.
how far were you? and when were you due..
with my son my water never broke. and i had him a month early..
i am pregnant again..and just curious.
Tags: water
I was induce, so I have no idea. sorry....
yeah same here...lol
Me too they broke my water at the hospital every time. I was leaking the last time 7 days early. My friend had her water break at 37 weeks.
my water broke with both my kids. i was two weeks overdue with them. i was scheduled to be induced the following week, and my water broke and i went into natural labor.i feels so wierd. i felt like i was peeing my pants, only i couldn't stop. hope this helps.
i hear that if your about due and should go anytime that if you have sex that it could brake your water cuz i have a friend that did that....but for me i was 6 weeks early with my lil girl and they broke mine so im not sure! good luck!!
my water has never broken either...  w/ my 1st i was even 6 cm dialated before i got to the doctor and it still didn't break!  my other 2 were scheduled c-sections so i didn't get to go through it then either.  i wish i had the chance to experience that though!
thanks everyone..i was just super curious..i was hearing things like about "the plug" and "water breaking" from my friends...and never experienced any..i dialted with my son but had to have my water broken.
i wonder if it will happen this time..or not..
my wter broke at 5 months.were not sure what we should doa
My water broke at 1:00am and I delivered minutes before 6:00am.  I can't remember my exact due date, but it was about 7-10 days before my due date.
hope this helps:)
I have heard it is more common to have your water broke at the hospital than it is for it to break on its own. My first, they had to break it after 12hrs of labor and my other two were induced so the OB broke my water.
My water broke with my first two sons.  the first time I was due in five days and it broke at 3 am on the toilet..  (wonderful timing)  The second time I was due in 1 week and I was sitting in a resturant at a booth.  I was really freaked out because I wanted to go straight to the bathroom but concidering how dirty public bathrooms are I had to avoid the bathroom because of the infection risks. My husband was up at the counter waiting on our food so I had to walk all the way to the other side of the resturant then out the door.  He was really exceited too and was pretty loud about everything.  All I wanted to do was quietly get out of the publics eye.   We walked out and we went to the hospital.  There was no mistaking that it was my water and not pee.  I was a mess.  
Weather it was coincidental or not I ate spegetti for dinner the night before my water broke each time.  
My water broke and I was 38.5 weeks with my first.  It was 3:00 in the morning lying in bed.  I felt this cramping sensation and a "pop" feeling so I rush to the bathroom and I kew then because I had fluid gushing out.  I was in the hospital within an hour.  My baby was born at 11:03 am so the whole thing didn't take long at all.
Did you find out why your water broke at 5 months?  Did your baby make it?  Or were you put on bedrest?
I was also induced with my first child and my second baby my water broke 2 days before my due date.......a little trickle(no magical burst!) and that was it and at noon my daughter was born 6 hours later
My water broke at home right before 37 weeks.  The week before I was 2.5cm & 90% effaced.
Well for my i was due Jan 22, and my water broke Jan 20th, the whole day before i went into labour i felt like period cramps every 20 mins then it started getting worse and worse, by 2am my cramps definetely turned into contractions. My bf called the hospital to see if i should be coming in or not cause my contractions were about 5 mins apart at this point when i felt that i had to pee, so i went pee, lol and then somthing fell out of me.......lol my mucus plug (had no idea what it was at the time) so the nurse said to come in, and as i was calling my mother to let her know i was off to the hospital my water broke. and it wasnt like what i ever though it would be, i thought it would be like a huge amount of fluid coming out of me at once, but all it was for me was like just a small amount of fluid going down my legs. it wasnt as entense as i heard it was. but that is when my water broke.
Mine broke at 37 weeks to the day. My son was born 3 hours later.
i didn't even leak but my blood pressure was through the roof when i went for my 38 weeks check up......(same day-4hours later) nurse broke my water at exactly 38 weeks even though labor pains were every 1- 2 minutes and i was dialated to 4. what wa so funny i didn't feel anything unitl after i had my epidural...and then all i felt was pressure.
Im 18 weeks pregnant and the other day I leaked out alot of fliud.. I was alredy wearing a panie liner for my discharge.  When this clear watery substance came out of me it soaked my panie liner to the max as well as my panies? Any idea if my water broke? My dr said that it was imposible for my water to brake since I wasnt that far along in my pregnancy
mines broke at 37w3d and my baby girl was born 7 hours later.  I didn't loose my plug before like some people do.  I lost it right after my water broke.
hi there with my 1st child i was due 28th sept 06. i was 4 days late and had him 1st oct.. my waters broke early hrs that morning like 6am - 7am and i went straight to hospital by the time i got there i was already 7cm dilated. i delivered him at 1.30pm it was great. im now 28 wks pregnant wiv my 2nd child n he is also due 1st oct 09.
When my OB did it for me - I was induced.
This is an old post...

... from 2007
I was due on July 14, 2009, but my water broke this morning at 2:30 a.m.
and I was 39 weeks, 2 days.
1st son 36.5 weeks due on the 21 of april born april 5
2nd son 37.6 weeks due on the 15 of april born on 2 of April
Help this helps!
im 37weeks.n this is my 3rd kid.but with my 1st kid my water broke at da hospital n with my 2nd they had to brake my water.well i want to knw is what can i do to brake my water now?plz let me knw someone
Well my water broke this morning at around 7am  I thought I was peeing my bed so I went to the bathroom and back, it happened 2 more times, and then too much to ignore!  I was running the shower and the shower door was left open when I had to go pee again, then I noticed the bath mat soaked and water everywhere!  It was quite symbolic as I was cleaning up the flood, and I had the biggest yet water pool on the floor come out of me... honestly I thought, this is so ironic, as I threw all the towels into the laundry,..  Had my shower, and unpacked my pads I had in my hospital bag.....called my doc, she said to go to the hospital if I was experiencing strong contractions, otherwise be there at 8:30 am the following morning.  I am 40 weeks and 2 days, this is my first baby, I am 42 years old.....it is now almost 6pm and still no contractions.  Baby moving from time to time, after sitting or lying for a while gravity helps to fill my pad, with these water trickles, and streams,  3rd soaked for the day so far......Craving Tim Horton Doughnuts, I have satisfied this urge....now.  Probably shouldn't have had the iced cap, but it seems to help me keep my head..... I am throwing in as many details as I can, because it really helps to find out what other women have felt from minute to minute.  Also I knew I wasn't peeing because I couldn't stop the flow by squeezing.  Also there was no smell.  No colour.  I will try to rest now as 8:30 am isn't all that far away in the scheme of things!  Now if I could just get baby-daddy, to secure the carseat before I lose my mind altogether...(more my problem I  think) but come on!  Wish me luck ladies, bring on the epidural, and bring on my baby boy!  Good luck to everyone out there, I hope this helps someone!
my friend waters have broke and what will happen i am curipous
With mine it was funny. I went for u/s on Friday and my baby's chest was measuring bigger than his head at they estimated his weight at 8+ lbs with still 3 wks to go. We were supposed to think about doing an amnio to check lung function and if ok induce on Wednesday the following week if that is what we decided. Saturday I went to my aunt's while my hubby went to work and my aunt was cooking breakfast and as she came into the living room she sneezed. I said "bless you" and then sneezed myself and all at once I felt a very warm, wet feeling down below. Thinking at first I had a bit of incontinence from the sneeze I went to the restroom only to feel that feeling starting to run down my legs. My water had broken and to me it was like Niagra Falls with no cork...lolz. I took a shower cuz I refused to go without one and put clean clothes and like a menstrual pad on....ya cuz two steps to the bathroom door and I was soaked again and even soaked more clothes by the time I got to ER. I ended up having him C-section and he was 9lbs even. They say it is different for everyone cuz sometimes it happens like mine or sometimes you leak but the doc said you will notice an increase in wetness and discharge and if unsure...always call your doc office.