Pregnancy 18-24 Community
when do you start producing milk

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

when do you start producing milk

Out of curiosity. What weeks it months do woman start producing breast milk.
^^ good question
Its all different for all ladies. Some ladies wont even start until baby is born. Technically you dont start producing milk until a couple days after baby is born. You produce something else, cant remeber the name....something like collustrum??? Anyway its something that ur baby really benefits from lol
You develop colostrum during pregnancy which has a lot of antibodies in it that are healthy for baby and it will be yellow to clear in color , everyone is different but the actual milk may come in after baby is born or a few days later .
Can they drink that?
Yes! Its really good for babies to drink it as it has antibodies and all the good stuff for them :) i know around where i am some drs are stupid and try to give formula to the babies before even trying to give the baby to the mom so she can breastfeed but i will stick to my ground. Everything momma makes out of her two lady friends are good for the baby!
I started at week 13 with small leakage and now im 29weeks and dripping like a damn tap! But it comes in when it comes in :)
I'm 33+4 and not even leaking yet lol I'm kinda glad though
Some may leak colostrum during pregnancy but actual breast milk doesn't come in until 2-3days after the baby is born. Colostrum is the best thing the baby can drink, it has all the healthiest properties and antibodies that the baby needs. I'm 32weeks with my second and have never leaked colostrum but some do. But your breasts start going thru the process of producing milk throughout your pregnancy that's why your breasts are so sore during pregnancy they are starting the process.
Its apparently 3 days after you give birth which isnt very convenient for mums that want to breastfeed... But bubs drink colostrum until your milk comes in i started leaking colostrum at about 15 weeks im 17 weeks now and im soaking my top and bed i had to start wearing bras with tissue or make up pads to sleep so i didnt wake up wet! Im glad though because atleast i know my boobies are in working order lol
I started leaking around 20 weeks, and when I get hot it gets worse, but it's not all the time anymore. Walmart sells nursing pads, avent brand, 25 for 4 bucks, they've saved my bras! Some women suggest cutting panty liners in half and using that instead of going and buying another product, I haven't tried it myself, but I heard they work just the same
I haven't leaked yet but my baby just stopped breastfeeding a month or so ago lol so I just dried up :) hopefully not for a while cuz I am enjoying no leaky boobs!!