hi all just thought i would take 5 minutes to ask your opion on this my baby has been messuring big so the doc wants to induce at 39 weeks but at 37 weeks my cervix is still long and closed the midwife sayes he wont be able to induce if it is still like this my induction is set for the 19 and i will be checked again on the 15 to see if i can be induced do you think he will be able to induce or will he wait longer i had my daughters spontainusly on their due date so did not have this problem then any insight would be great. thamks
They can induce when you cervix is still high and closed because they put a pill in you and it is supposed to make you ready. They induced me with my first and i started in the same position. So it is possible. And my doc is going to induce me again but im not sure when yet.
thanks thats good to hear i would not really mind waiting but when i thought it would be the 19 i had every thing arrianged for the kids if he does not induce then it will be harder to get things done as my mum has to book time of work to watch kids and i dont want my husband working to far away the day i go into labour so the induction would work out great so they could both be of work so hopefully it will still go ahead
just back from my midwife app she sayes the baby feels like it about 8lb so maybe it wont be as big as my last daughter she did not check my cervix again have to wait till monday for that also today the baby heart rate was in the 120 it is usually in the 140 is this something to worry about
I believe as the baby gets bigger, it is normal for the heartrate to slow down. The baby doesn't have as much room to move, so they don't get quite the cardio workout they did when they were small and could swim around. The baby might have been sleeping too, hence, a lower heartrate.
If you have concerns, you might want to ask the midwife, but it sounds completely normal to me.
not sure what to say to you...my baby measured big 4kg on the u/s at 37 weeks yesterday, the consultant said because the head is not engaged there no point in induction, he said he will examine me at 39 weeks if i don't go into labor before then more likely they will consider c section rather than induction as the baby would have grown bigger and there is a risk of baby's shoulders getting stuck through the birth channel which can be very dangerous... but this is my first delivery!
Grandmatobe thanks the baby has been mving normally so im not to worried at the moment
Nadia77 this baby is messuring about the same as my second daughter and she came out fine she was 10lb and face up this baby is allso face up between myself and the doc we decided there was no point ricking it again as this time it might not be that easy both my daughter came on their due dates so i did not have this problem getting checked on monday to see if all can still go ahead on friday
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.