Pregnancy 18-24 Community
womens odds of getting pregnant each month..

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

so im curious does anyone know what the odds of a healthy women getting pregnant in any given month?  is it like 25%  or something like that? and does opks increase your chance?  I see so many ladies on here who are doing opks and bding at the right time and still not getting pregnant so i was just curious what the actual odds are.
I didn't know the answer to your question... but I googled it and found a "medical journal" of sorts regarding this... this is what they said

* There is about a 15-25% chance of becoming pregnant in each ovulatory cycle: But you need to do everything right and you shouldn't have any medical issues and his sperm count should be fine.
    * Approximately 40% of couples who are starting out TTC will conceive during the first three months of trying, and about 70% of couples TTC will conceive during the first six months.
    * Up to 85% of couples will conceive within the first year of TTC. Your ability to conceive in any given cycle falls after age 30.

Keep in mind that if you have irregular menstrual cycles, it may take longer to conceive because it's harder to figure out when you're ovulating. If, after 6-9 months to a year of trying (less if you are older), you haven't got pregnant, talk with your doctor about your options.

It also states that OPK's can increase your chances of conceiving ONLY by helping you identify the correct dates that you are ovulating. It states that they can be especially helpful for women who thought they ovulated later or earlier than they actually do or have irregular cycles. (sorry, for some reason I couldn't copy and paste that part)...
I must say, a 15-25% chance is not a favorable number,but those are the correct percentages, which means it could take you almost a year or longer.  After my m/c in june, we started ttc in august and it took us 6 months, i used opk's, i did bbt and i new when i was ovulating, and i just beleive the egg and sperm was not meeting or even met but didnt implant, i just  no that was a long time actively trying.  When i got preggo the first time we was not trying, i had been off birth control for like 6 months after being on them for a year.

If you are ttc, i suggest you just keep trying each month, and opk's are a big help, when i figured i was ovulating and compared it with the opk, i was right, but i would have obvious signs of ovulaiton, the pain in the side, the egg like discharge and sometimes and increased sex drive, and my temp would change.  Good luck
I am a 25 year old healthy woman.  We were TTC for 10 months before I got my BFP.  I kept track of the days I was ovulating each month.  It was easy for me to keep track because it was obvious when I was ovulating. :)  It wasn't until I stopped trying, because I was getting so upset that I wasn't pregnant yet, that I finally got a BFP!  Some woman don't know when they ovulate, so they use the OPK to help them know when they are ovulating.  They have a tracker on this site that you can add to your profile to help you keep track of when you ovulate each month.
Best of luck TTC!  Lots of sticky baby dust!!!
im not ttc.. i have one little girl and i am currently pregnant but i just was curious