Pregnancy 18-24 Community
working out after birth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

working out after birth

well im not due till march 24 but im already started thinking about working out .... im really into zumba.... when i met my hubby i was a size 3 with butty n all... but i started gettin a curvi bottom i mean hips and legs are big..... but with that my butter rolls came out alsoo...  im wondering hmwhen is it okay to start working out
You can be working out now. Nothing to hard. My husband and i still go to the gym everyday. There are a million workouts that are safe you just can not get to hot. And it helps delievery a lot better and i heard women who workout while pregnant  babies sleep better. But who knows. Lol but after you have the baby it depends on if youre breast feeding or not. But there are workouts safe while breast feeding as well! :)
zumba is safe without the jumping and twistin .. the problem is i met him two yrs ago n he said he loved my body n when we got married i was a size seven n then went to a 9m bold curves size of pants... he likes my bottom (sorry tmi)  n so do i i just dnt like the rools i used to have n really dnt want to be that skinny.... any other was of working out... hint this is my third n will have to take them along ... hahaha
I'm getting induced March 10th and I asked my doctor this question.  I even went as far as buying new gym clothes and some new nike shox (lol!).  You're the best judge of when you can workout.  I walk on the treadmill at the gym here 2x a week but thats just to keep my energy boosted (we have 4 kids at home).  Your OBGYN will be the best judge honestly.  Most gyms offer a free consultation with a fitness person you could always check that out!
If you have not been working out during preg then dont start now unless it is just walking. It is usually ok after your insision heals if you tear. They want you to try and wait 6 weeks. I am right with you i want to run so bad. My husband made me quit at 5 months
ive been doing light zumba... but not the whole work out ...
I had my son two weeks ago and my midwife told me to wait 4 weeks. But my stitches dissolved and I feel great so I've already started working out. I already lost all my pregnancy weight from breast feeding but my tummy is still like fatty and loose so I gotta work on it :)
im going to ask mines on monday see what she says because in really wanting to use my old jeans n shorts