Pregnancy 18-24 Community
young pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

young pregnancy

ok so my cuson is 12. she hade sex with a 11 yer old i was woundering how many of you think she is pregnant.
Tags: Pregnancy
Was it protected or unprotected, has she reached puberty?
Anytime someone has unprotected sex there is a risk for pregancy. THe only way to find out is to have her take a home pregancy test. First response is a good test and gives pretty accurate testing if you test at leat 5 days before her period is due.

You might might to have an adult or even your self have a talk with your cousin. Call me old fashion, but that is too young to be having sex. Let her know if she choose to have sex it needs to be done safely. Pregnacy is not the only risk she faces. THere are also many STDS that comes with unprotected sex.

nikie
25%.

It doesnt matter if she hasnt had her first period - she can still get pregnant.
OMG !!!! 12 & 11  yrs old! Do they even now what sex is!! I am floored my son is 10yrs old I would die if he was to have sex at 11yr old. Some one needs to talk to these children right away!! There is more than just getting pregnant there is STD's too! I hope for that she is not pregnant. That would be the lose of her CHILDHOOD!!!
it's possible I know someone who was pregnant at 12 and had her baby at 13 which she gave up for adoption the guy she had sex was 16 years old so it's possible!

if she has already started her period I would wait til she gets it and if not I would have her take a test , if still no period I would take her to get a blood pregnancy test done at your local dr office!
12 and 11???? that is just insane! did she say why they decided to have sex??? i don't know what i'd do if i ever found out my kids decided 11 or 12 was old enough to have sex! h3ll my mother didn't start having the sex talk with me till i was 13!!!

what is going on with kids these days???
This is so sad. Her mother really needs to have a talk with her if not just to prevent pregnancy and STD, but to help this little girl understand the physical and emotional aspects of having sex at such a young age.

During puberty, a girl’s first period is a sign that she has released her very first egg, and is now able to have children. So, if she hasn't started puberty yet, it is unlikely she would be pregnant. If the sex happens to be within the two weeks before her period may start, there is a chance because that is when she would ovulate for the first time. The best way is to wait for 2 week and have her take a pregnancy test.
those two children need better parenting!!!! i would go nuts!!! if i knew someone personally that young>?????? have they even reached puberty???? what is wrong with this sick world.
This is an old post.
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers